Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 8:55:54 AM EDT
I was installing two new TangoDown pistol grips on Bushmaster lowers that had Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guards on them. The TD grips would not fit all the way down because the Magpul guard slopes up from the rear of the "gap" behind the trigger; the "duckbill" on the front of the TD grips would not sit flush due to this rise. What's more, both Magpuls did not have the same degree of interferance; I do not know it is due to variences in them, or in the Bushy recievers. Thankfully, I have a great amount of experience working with plastics due to my hobby of building model tanks and planes. Using an X-Acto knife I trimmed off 2.5mm off the front of the duckbill and then Dremelled the edges round. Carefully!

Anyone else have this problem?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
thought the grip is not meant to work with the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I made it work
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the same combo on my new S&W M&P-15 Tactical and it went together just fine.  No close ups but here's a pic...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to have the same set up and it fit perfect
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I run the same setup and it tightened down fine as well...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine's like yours. It's fine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the same setup and ran into the same problem. I just took a file to the grip where it rubbed the trigger guard and made it work.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was installing two new TangoDown pistol grips on Bushmaster lowers that had Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guards on them. The TD grips would not fit all the way down because the Magpul guard slopes up from the rear of the "gap" behind the trigger; the "duckbill" on the front of the TD grips would not sit flush due to this rise. What's more, both Magpuls did not have the same degree of interferance; I do not know it is due to variences in them, or in the Bushy recievers. Thankfully, I have a great amount of experience working with plastics due to my hobby of building model tanks and planes. Using an X-Acto knife I trimmed off 2.5mm off the front of the duckbill and then Dremelled the edges round. Carefully!

Anyone else have this problem?

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/gap1.jpg

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/gap2.jpg

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/trim4.jpg

HOLY SHIT that's a HUGE difference between the two trigger guards!!  But, it looks like the hole for the roll pins might be in slightly different spots...

You did a nice job on your lettering.  You need to go start a thread and get it tacked so we don't see a new one pop up every 16 days
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

HOLY SHIT that's a HUGE difference between the two trigger guards!!  But, it looks like the hole for the roll pins might be in slightly different spots...

Not only are the Magpul trigger guards out of spec, but I suspect the TD grips or Bushmaster recievers are as well. Look at the large (about 1mm) gap between the duckbill and the bottom of the reciever on the lower with the FDE grip. Then look at the same gap on the FG grip lower, which is only about .5mm. So, even if I had not used the Magpul guard on the first rifle, the grip surface would still not fit flush. In fact, this gap is a blessing...if it were not there, I would have had to remove almost all of the duckbill.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:58:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I have two lowers with the Magpul trigger guards and TangoDown grips. 1 is RRA and 1 is Bushmaster. Both went on with no problem.

As was already said - the trigger guard in that first pic looks way out of spec. I would try to get a replacement.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:13:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not only are the Magpul trigger guards out of spec, but I suspect the TD grips or Bushmaster recievers are as well. Look at the large (about 1mm) gap between the duckbill and the bottom of the reciever on the lower with the FDE grip. Then look at the same gap on the FG grip lower, which is only about .5mm. So, even if I had not used the Magpul guard on the first rifle, the grip surface would still not fit flush. In fact, this gap is a blessing...if it were not there, I would have had to remove almost all of the duckbill.

Please define "out of spec" as it applies here. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Figure of speech.

The manufacturers know what they must do to get all the parts together.

Let's say "range of tolerance" instead...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#14]
My magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard fit perfectly with my Colt and LMT lowers...  Perhaps it's the Bushmaster receivers it does not like?

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I run the same setup and it tightened down fine as well...

+1
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:27:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I have TD grips and Magpul trigger guards on all my guns - I torque down on the grip screw until it bottoms out, and that little duckbill thingy flexes up against the trigger guard enough that I dont notice. Then again, I shoot all my guns - and that little nub is the last thing I'm thinking about when I train, practice, etc.

Although I admire the attention to detail, I have to ask: is this really that much of a "problem"?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#18]
No harm no foul, Magpul.

Everything works okay now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top