Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 3:25:52 PM EDT
This may sound like a dumb question, but I am having trouble removing the gas block on my RRA 20" varmint upper.  I removed the two set screws and it seems that it must be pressed on or something.  How do I go about removing it?  After I get it off I am hoping to remove the aluminum FF handguard and am hoping that it just unscrews.  Any help on the above problems is greatly appriciated.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This may sound like a dumb question, but I am having trouble removing the gas block on my RRA 20" varmint upper.  I removed the two set screws and it seems that it must be pressed on or something.  How do I go about removing it?  After I get it off I am hoping to remove the aluminum FF handguard and am hoping that it just unscrews.  Any help on the above problems is greatly appriciated.  Thanks in advance

Have you tried tapping it with a rubber mallet?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't try beating on it too hard because I didn't want to do too much damge, but I'll give a rubber hammer a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top