Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 6:29:35 PM EDT
I am looking at getting a Recon barrel from Denny. It has the standard rifle extension. What are the advantages of the M4 cut barrels and receivers? Also, can you use an M4 cut upper with a standard barrel extension? I have no experience with anything with the M4 cut. My Colt is a standard 20". Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The M4 cut ramps are theoretically more reliable. I'll leave it at that.

Can you use an M4 upper with a barrel that has standard ramps, no. You can use a standard upper with an M4 ramped barrel however.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you need to read the THE all inclusive, completely informative thread about M4 cuts! courtesy of Bigbore from ADCO Firearms.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top