Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:55:54 AM EDT
Like the looks of the Yankee Hills free float tube handguards (smooth, no holes in it) but it will not take their forearm end cap (looks cool and keeps crap out of there).  

Does anyone sell a free float handguard unit that is smooth and offers the possibility of an end cap?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks cool, but seems like it would actually be hotter.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Gonna shave the front sight so I can float the barrel inside a tube.  I like the look of the end cap, plus I like the idea of keeping crap out of that space between the barrel and inside of the handguard.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a fan of endcaps- but maybe if I lived in a jungle or something I would be.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Gonna shave the front sight so I can float the barrel inside a tube.  I like the look of the end cap, plus I like the idea of keeping crap out of that space between the barrel and inside of the handguard.  

I admit that it does sort of "finish off" the look when used over a low pro gas block, but I've NEVER had any "crap" getting into the space between my barrel and the inside of any of my Daniel Defense forends.

They do have the "customizeable" forend that could use the cap, but that has vent slots.  

I know it's all about personal preference, but I really don't like the look of a smooth forend without any vent holes or slots in it anyway.  I've also handled a buddy's Bushmaster with their non-vented tube, and the first degree burns I got on my hand were enough to dissuade me from ever wanting a non-vented float tube.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Midwest Industries, IIRC.

ETA: Ask Paul at BravoCompnayUSA.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I admit that it does sort of "finish off" the look when used over a low pro gas block, but I've NEVER had any "crap" getting into the space between my barrel and the inside of any of my Daniel Defense forends.

They do have the "customizeable" forend that could use the cap, but that has vent slots.  

I know it's all about personal preference, but I really don't like the look of a smooth forend without any vent holes or slots in it anyway.  I've also handled a buddy's Bushmaster with their non-vented tube, and the first degree burns I got on my hand were enough to dissuade me from ever wanting a non-vented float tube.

Yeah, the DPMS ones suck too.  Sounds like this guys build will turn into an oven quickly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Midwest Industries, IIRC.

ETA: Ask Paul at BravoCompnayUSA.

The MI free floats have an end cap.  The cap partially surrounds the barrel.  It can give a finished appearance, but the real utility is to secure the bottom portion of the hand guard to the top.
These are some pics I had that kind of show the cap.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/frontcapbolted.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/securerearcap.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/frontcaplower.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/100_2032.jpg

The MI#22 is the FF for rifle length.  I don't have pics of the #22 yet, but you can see the configuration.

hope this helps . . .
Thanks!
Paul

Thanks for stopping by Paul!  I am much obliged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top