Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 7:14:38 PM EDT
Putting together an ultra-light build.  Is there such a thing as a light weight alloy bolt carrier, like some exotic alloy or something?

Thanks.  

ETA typos.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the lightest BC would be the Colt Post ban, cut out bottom carrier.  I don't think cutting the weight of a carrier would be a good thing.  I could be wrong as I am not an expert.

TS
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
JP Enterprises makes a low mass carrier.  It requires an adjustable gas system to function best.  Really only for match guns.  Beware - JP has lots of cool stuff on their site!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
talk to MSTN he's got some ultra lite skeletonized carriers made by Smith i think. JP makes an aluminum one but it has to be used with their speed hammer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The Bushmaster Carbon-15 Blot carrier is very light weight. But it is shorter then a Mill-spec bolt carrier. So you will have to make sure you block its travel so the Key does not strike the lower reciever or the buffer tube. It would be very bad if it did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top