Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 2:02:54 PM EDT
Can someone tell me why enidine buffer is needed?
Also whats wrong with the regular buffer and H buffers?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that the big selling point of heavy buffers for semi-auto AR-15 rifles is to reduce recoil and muzzle climb, which allows for quicker follow up shots.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
the mgi is better

lots of info here
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:52:36 AM EDT
[#3]
How much reduction of recoil?

Will it cause the AR15 to be PICKY in ammo selection?

My  A1 Shorty 1/9  has shot every type of 223/5.56mm and has never Hic Cup Ever!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:38:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How much reduction of recoil?

My  A1 Shorty 1/9  has shot every type of 223/5.56mm and has never Hic Cup Ever!

My Enidine isn't picky about ammo, but it sucks because the MGI is better.........

And then lots will tell you it's not needed......  But neither is my Geissele trigger either.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:40:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It's possible to suffer short stroking in some rifles when firing underpowered ammo (such as Wolf) in conjunction with one of the heavier buffers. It's not that common of an occurence, but it can happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top