Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 11:55:59 PM EDT

The PRI at the top cost $54 and the Troy is $45.  Besides the price, does anyone know of any differences between these two low profile gas blocks?  Specifically I wonder about:

*if either might have a tighter slip-on fit
*which might weigh less
*the quality of the finish and/or machining on either

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Aren't they both copies of the KAC low profile gas block?  My PRI gas block is much tighter than the KAC unit, have to use a hammer and drift punch to drive it towards the gas port.  If I tossed the KAC and PRI into a bag, I'd have a hard time telling which is which, until I put it on a barrel Sorry no experience with the Troy gas block.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I will definitely agree that the Pri block has a very tight fit to the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I will definitely agree that the Pri block has a very tight fit to the barrel.

Isnt' this a good thing?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Not a good thing if it's so tight it strips the finish off the barrel
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats wrong with the Larue Tactical ?

I have one and while I don't know anything about AR15,  it was pretty easy to swap my FSB for the Larue gas block.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably nothing, but it has that ring of steel on the front end that serves no purpose other than adding weight (and maybe covering taper pin holes for folks with drilled barrels).  I don't believe in adding dead weight when I can avoid doing so.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Will all of these gas blocks fit under LaRue free float rails? And which one would be a better buy. I am thinking of added one and a 12" Larue FFR to my 16" SPR barrel I got from G&R tactical. I want the gas block to be under the the rails. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#8]
They will all fit under a LaRue HG, but only the LaRue gas-block is contoured to allow you to slide the FF tube completely off and on over the gas block.  Makes install, removal, gas tube replacement, etc. much easier.  The extra little collar up front on the LaRue gas block covers up unsightly barrel scabs if you are replacing an FSB on a barrel with no park under the FSB.  If  you don't want the extra collar but you do want the LaRue GB for its other benefits, you could have someone cut it for you and repark it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top