Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 12:38:40 PM EDT
I found a place that sells these, but I've got a set of full size handguards that I'd like to cut down to carbine length. Anyone know the best way to go about doing this?

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
hacksaw, ducktape and super glue...    
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be really hard to get the lips that retain them back on there once you cut them down. You could epoxy them I guess.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You need the retainer for the back end. If you can get that piece, measure and cut. I just bought mine from Total Silence. Check with them, maybe they'll sell you just the piece.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not buy proper ones from Total Silence Inc.? They are in the Industry Forums and are the go to guys for retro.

Simon
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why not buy proper ones from Total Silence Inc.? They are in the Industry Forums and are the go to guys for retro.

Simon

Because WA Tom stopped making them a while ago.  He was talking about limited suppy some time ago, I'm sure that's still the case if he's even got any left.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought he just quit making the 607 stocks?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top