Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 10:24:36 PM EDT
Does Bushmaster build these inhouse? Or do they sub them out? I have a Model 1 Sales B/CG and a friend wants it (it's pretty), he wants to trade me his Bushy B/CG for it.... I currently have a Bushy B/CG in my M4 and was just wondering if they are any better than other brands? I have no idea why he wants to trade and don't really care, I figured the Bushy has to be a little better quality if nothing else..... any comments?

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO the bushmaster would be of better quality but the m1 might have the shrouded firing pin area.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes the Model 1 Sales B/CG is shrouded.........

I talked to him today and he said he dropped it on the floor and now he has to use his forward assist to lock up the bolt! I haven't seen it yet but would assume that he bent the gas tube or something. I can't imagine dropping it on the floor could do much to it, as far as bending goes....

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes the Model 1 Sales B/CG is shrouded.........

I talked to him today and he said he dropped it on the floor and now he has to use his forward assist to lock up the bolt! I haven't seen it yet but would assume that he bent the gas tube or something. I can't imagine dropping it on the floor could do much to it, as far as bending goes....

- Clint

I'd bet your assumption is exactly right... The carrier gas key is misaligned with the gas tube and causing it to bind up... That's why he need to use the forward assist to force it closed...  

ETA: A bent tube on the key can easily be straightened by placing a pin punch into the opening and then straightening it by applying leverage in the correct direction... Also be sure to check the keys screws/bolts to make sure they didn't become loose from the impact of the drop...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top