Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 9:39:33 PM EDT
Ok,

It's been a while since I posted...I *gasp* sold my old black rifle, and after that experience it's led me to get one I really want...a long gun.

100-300 yard gun, maybe in the future I will go to the 400-600 range, but for now 300 is the limit of where I'll go.

So my first step was to get my lower, mission accomplished, got a nice stripped lower at the Pasadena Gun Show this Sat...

Second step is to find a kit to make this work...I'm looking at the 24" Varmint and maybe the tactical 24" in  5.56.  But I know there is more to a nice pattern at distance than just the length of the barrel...so anyone with constructive comments about the quality of Model 1 Sales build and parts would be very much appreciated.

Here are the kits I'm looking at...

Tactical 24"

Varmint 24"

Anyone, Bueller??? Bueller?????
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
decent but i would personally go with jt distributing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
16" will do 300yds fine

Just go with what you want or build what you want.

Model 1 is here in TX

Thats enough for me to support my own. Besides the great price I've always liked their customer servce.

I will order again from them in a few weeks

Wont do M&A after what happend to a fellow from the houston crew.

Jt distribuiting is good as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank y'all for your input...

I know 16" will do 300, but I want the option of going up to the 600 yard range later if I choose, and I'm all about the 'size matters' kind of thing...*LOL*...

Hmmm

I'l have to call JT and M1Sales and see what I can work out....figure out which kit is right for me...and I think JT may have more of an option package than M1Sales...

Thanks guys...

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Model 1 24" varmint upper. Very good quality for the $$$. E.R. Shaw barrel is substantial. Only one minor complaint. Mine did not come drilled for a bipod. Make sure you specify the tube to be drilled if you plan on mounting a bipod.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My first AR was a Model 1 with 20" SS fluted bbl. have not had one problem with it. Very accurate with wwb 45gr jhp. But they are in Texas now so you have to add 8+% sales tax. My 2nd kit was from J&T a 16" lw cl barrel no problems here either both are good choices in IMO.They are not Les Bauer but I have 2 excellent guns for price of 1.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#6]
BrianB2,

Got point made, be sure to let us know that you want a swivel stud installed.

srt205
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top