Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:48:06 AM EDT
The Kits come with thier NM 2 stage trigger. I've read these are not reccomended for a SHTF rifle. Granted I have also heard from people that have had no problems with the first stage dissapearing. So it would seem it's a case of individual triggers having issues.

Anyway, rather than take a chance...

I'd like to hear what ARFCOMers would substitute in the RRA kit. Are there any other parts besides the NM 2 stage trigger that doesn't belong on a SHTF rifle?

And what would you install and why?

Appriciate the help guys and gals.

Building these things is fun.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Steve at ADCO can replace the weak part in the two-stage that is much better, if you buy the kit from him. What kit are you buying? If it comes with the tactical carry handle sight then id get rid of that too. Replace the Front sight post with a taller one if you are going to use a buis. Thats about it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking at the CAR A4 kit with the chrome lined barrel. And a RRA Dominator mount for an EOtech 553 once they are released. Really trying to follow the K.I.S,S. line of design.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR4002&storeid=1&image=kcara4.gif

So look to Steve at ADCO about a upgrade kit for the NM2S, and a higher front sight post? Sound pretty minimal, way to go Rock River.

Thanks Trey-W
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You wouldn't need a Dominator mount with the 553, as they are designed for cowitness when mounted to the flattop. Putting it on a mount design for the current EOTechs would raise it a bit too high.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
SWEET! You just saved me $130!

Two for you!

Now I have to figure out how I didn't remember that the 553 has the built in QD mounts... I must need sleep...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top