Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 4:57:53 PM EDT
This One..............how well does it do with muzzle rise (I know there isn't much to begin with, but I want to take all/most of it.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for reviews.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I love mine.  I notice more of a horizontal feeling recoil opposed to a vertical (muzzle climb) type recoil.  Two things though.  It is LOUD and you will feel the blast on your face and chest.  Nothing  bad, but if you've never shot with one you might be suprised by the first few shots.

Also, I have this mounted on a one of Denny's RECON barrels with a Samson rifle length 4 rail forearm, a TD vertical grip, a YHM bipod mount, a Harris bipod, a Troy front flip sight, 6 TD rail covers, and a scope that extends out pretty far.  It is pretty nose heavy so my perceived recoil/muzzle climb will be different than someone with less equipment on their rifle.

I say get one, try it, and if you don't like it or it doesn't meet your expectations, then sell it.  I'm sure someone will buy it from you.

-X
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The MSTN QC comp is as effective as the other top comps used in 3Gun (JP, Miculek, TSS), but not as brutally loud.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The MSTN QC comp is as effective as the other top comps used in 3Gun (JP, Miculek, TSS), but not as brutally loud.

Thats odd, the one MSTN QC comp that I have been around was VERY loud.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How loud was it COMPARED TO the JP BC comp?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]
wanna start by saying the mstn comp/brake was the first of its kind that i have owned.

bought the brake sometime last year and installed it on my recon build. first few rounds i could not stand the blast but then again i have never owned a brake before. greatly reduces muzzle rise and keeps the rifle pointing straight. after awhile i was able to compare it to other brakes and the mstn/pri brake is not as loud as others shooting at the range.

works as designed.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How loud was it COMPARED TO the JP BC comp?

Zak-

How loud is your MSTN compared to your OpsInc?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I think I sold off the OPSINC brakes - had one in 223 and one in 6.8 - before I got the first MSTN QC comp because the OPS was noticably less effective than the JP brake.  YMMV.  I know some guys like the OPS brakes on bolt rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top