Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 3:43:07 PM EDT
Can anybody give a good through review/compare between the various 2 stage triggers? All that I've ever heard is brand XYZ is the best, buy that one! That doesn't really do me any good. I want to know the difference between brand ABC and brand XYZ triggers and why XYZ is worth spending more on or why ABC is such a killer deal. The only 2 stage that I have hands on experience with is the one that came stock in my Bushmaster Varminter (which I've been very happy with). I'm especially interested in the RRA and LMT since I've heard "Buy a RRA/LMT 2 stage, it's the best!" more than once.

Should I just scrap the idea of a 2 stage trigger? After all, I'm building a gun primarily for defensive purposes...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Should I just scrap the idea of a 2 stage trigger? After all, I'm building a gun primarily for defensive purposes...

yes
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright how about some general use 2-stage trigger option? Based on the lack of responses, I guess I'll stick w/a single stage for this build but I would like to know more about the 2-stage trigger options anyway.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
First there was the Armalite 2-stage... Then came the copies, RRA and LMT... There's very little difference between the three... Well, actually geometrically there isn't but cost there is...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out www.ar15triggers.com

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Try this it is cheap and it works. Buy some JP yellow springs and cut your hammer down like this. If your using this gun for LE or Military stick with the basic stuff. I have cut my own hammer to save money JP sells them for $50 bucks OUCH. I have had no light primer strikes wit hthis set up. If you dont like it you are out a hammer and $10 bucks of springs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
First there was the Armalite 2-stage... Then came the copies, RRA and LMT... There's very little difference between the three... Well, actually geometrically there isn't but cost there is...

Actually, either Millazzo-Krieger or CLE was first before Armalite. The Armalite you are referencing was actually their *second* trigger. Their first one was almost identical to the Millazzo trigger.

The Armalite is quite a bit higher than the Rock River, but the Rock River has a better disconnect than the Armalite. I know from first hand experience.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, either Millazzo-Krieger or CLE was first before Armalite. The Armalite you are referencing was actually their *second* trigger. Their first one was almost identical to the Millazzo trigger.

The Armalite is quite a bit higher than the Rock River, but the Rock River has a better disconnect than the Armalite. I know from first hand experience.

I wasnt aware of the Millazzo-Krieger or CLE triggers being the original... Thanks for that info...

As for the RRA, LMT and Armalites differences... From examining the ones I own, the Disconnect and standard Hammer/Sear engagement areas is where they differ... RRA has a back stop for the disconnect and the Armalite has a front stop... The Armalite also has the standard polished sear/hammer engagement ares where as the RRA does not... Besides those differences, they are identical...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Everyone who owns a  Kac 2 stage says they may sell their ars but never their trigger. I hope to get one for my next project.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#10]
My KAC 2 stage is the only thing I have not sold or upgraded in all the years of buying and selling ARs over the years.  I would not put a RRA in my rifle.  I dont see how anyone could claim its the best unless they were talking about price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top