Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 9:33:12 AM EDT
I just got a new barrel in and thought I had bought a peel washer to index my FH. There is nothing to peel off on this washer, it just looks like a sliver washer one would buy at a Home depot. I have tried to use it like a crush washer but it doesnt crush at all and the FH is still off to the left about 45 degrees. Any sugestions?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
why don't you buy a crush washer? ...it's alot easier to use than a peel washer
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
heat it up a bit and use an x-acto knife, you'll see the layers peel off.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
yes.  they are crazy little bitches.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not terribly impressed with crush washers.

My barrel wrench squashes two little flats in them most of the time, and I've had trouble with them not indexing properly under the kind of torque I like to put on flash hiders (like around 15lbs.)

The peel washer you can also (though probably less reliable, slightly pinch in a vise or with a pliers and get layers to seperate sometimes).  Heating and an exacto knife is probably the better idea though.  [never tried that]  

Really the KAC M4QD comp shims MAKE TOO MUCH SENCE. I think they should be the standard option- esspecially for indexing a suppressor mount which needs to see about 30ft lbs in my opinion. I tightened as per instructions but without rocksett [as the little bottles never have any in them anyway] and my FH loosened, so I went to red loctite and 30 ft lbs and the problem went away.  My accuracy was still 1/2MOA so the torque didn't [in my case] adversly effect accuracy.

Another opinion is that I preffer the appearance of KAC shims or the peel washer to the crush washer wich is kind of stupid looking IMO.  [And yes I have a few on rifles, but the point is more that I really don't care than that I preffer them].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top