Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 7:23:17 PM EDT
Some of you may have seen it, but I had a thread about me debating on putting an A1 stock on my carbine.  When I use my 6 position stock I have it in the 4th position out and it's 9-3/4" long from butt to reciever.  It's perfect for a squared off stance and doesn't put my face too far forward in prone.  I just wanted to get an exact measurement to see if  it would work for me.  Thanks in advance for any help.  It would be going on this carbine:

Thanks again, yall

FWIW, the picture show's it in the 3rd position out or 1 closer in then I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My late-A1 stock (with butt-trap) is exactly 10 inches.  I'm not sure if there is any difference in the earlier A1 stocks without the butt-trap.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
My pre A1 stock with the solid rubber buttplate is 9 7/8" long.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, that's almost the same.  I may have to try it.  The only question is, I wonder if the recoil impulse will change, due to the rifle spring and buffer.  Because it's very smoooooth right now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I made a spacer out of aluminum, that I put inside of the rifle length buffer tube so that the carbine spring an buffer could be used. Just measure the depth of the rifle and carbine tubes on the inside where the spring sits. The difference between the two, is how long your spacer needs to be.
My spacer looks like the letter I, and is cut down to 1/2" in the middle for weight savings. The O.D. is around .980". I also drilled an 1/8" hole through it lengthwise, so there is still a clear path for water to escape through the hole in the buttstock screw.
I am using a Wolfe extra power buffer spring, with an H2 buffer. Its a sweet shooter.
It has a 14.5" M4 1/7 chrome lined barrel, with a permanent Phantom FH, A1 upper with Fwd.Assist and Deflector, with a pre A1 stock. I chose the early stock because of the rubber buttplate. It doesn't slip when shooting prone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#5]
A1 stock is 9 7/8".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top