Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:53:40 PM EDT
I've been looking to finish my "behind the seat of the truck" gun but I can't find an inexpensive flattop upper.  I'm looking for a complete upper.  I'm using these guys for the lowers unless someone else knows of a better price.
http://www.lonestarwholesale.com/2.html
Anyway your secret parts sources or a good source for maybye a lower grade but functional complete upper that will hit a coyote at 100 yds would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the Equiment Exchange. All of the dealers have very good prices and are good people in general.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Really nice flat tops aren't all that much anyways.  If I was buying a flat top upper right now, I'd go go for one of the Bravo Company MOS uppers.  For $399 sans BCG, thats a pretty good deal for something that is chrome lined,  1/7, 4150 steel, and tested with a proof load and then MP inspected.

Another good deal out there are the CMT (Stag) uppers, you can get a complete 16" carbine upper with rear irons for $525.

If you want to spend less, just keep looking on the EE until someone decides to unload a decent brand upper - Bushmaster, RRA, CMT, etc.

It all depends on how soon you want it.    
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I myself wouldn't have a flattop for a "behind the seat of the truck gun".  You have to have a BUIS on it or an optic for it to be useful.  I would choose a 16" A1 upper.  

Nothing to get knocked out of alignment or loose.  

Just a thought.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
DJForrestA,

I just got an M &  A Parts 16" midlength flattop upper complete from them.  It is a Rock River upper and barrel.  Have shot several hundred rounds so far of UMC, Black Hills Blue Box and Q3131 with ZERO problems.

Colt_SBR makes a good point, depending on what you need it to do.  I mounted an A.R.M.S. #38 sleeve on mine and the sights are a tad funky compared to an A2's sights, to me anyway.  It's like the small aperture isn't small enough and the large aperture is bigger than I would prefer, but it works.

But, Love the 16 middy from M & A and the price is right.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered a RRA 16" flat top from Pete at Legal Transfers for $434 shipped!!  He also has ARMS 40's for 99 I think.  Hard to beat!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top