Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 2:42:02 PM EDT
If I mill the mag release guard of a new receiver and place a standard upper  with a larg hole of the same size, not a small hole upper  which needs a offset pin like the Colt . Does anyone make a takedown pin like the offset Colt pin but not offset to go in it since there is not detent to hold it?
I hope I explained it well enouh for everone to understand what I ment.

Thanks for any help. Bryan
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I understand what you are saying somewhat. You are wanting to mill off the raised fence on your lower. Why not just buy a Colt SP1 lower and be done with it? I aslo think that you have your large/small notations reversed -- more than likely a lower with a raised fence will have a SMALL pivot. Colt made an oddball large pivot that reqired the use of an adapter pin.

Both sizes of the self-captivating pivot pins can be bought here:

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=17158&title=AR-15+PUSH-BUTTON+TAKEDOWN+PINS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top