Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 8:18:58 AM EDT
I was fishing around the E-net last night looking for barrel makers for a Long Range build when I came across the website AR15barrels.com which had what seemed to be high quality barrels turned for a reasonable price.  He also does custom upper builds for what seems to be a pretty cheap price.

Has anybody ever dealt with randall or had the opportunity to use one of his barrels?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I just emailed him for a build I'm doing.  He is (or will soon be) doing 6.5 Grendel barrels and I think I will use him for my 6.5 project if the barrel I'm ordering from him turns out good.  He has a reputation for building good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 6X45 barrel from Randall.  I couldn't be more pleased.  He does great work, and has great service.  You won't be sorry if you choose to use one of his barrels.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't go wrong with Randall.

Weazer
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't go wrong with Randall.  He makes "being one of the best" look easy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Randall posts here often and he is always very informative in what he has to say. He knows a thing or two about barrels.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been using barrels from Randal for years.  He started out as one of the best and has only gotten better with time.  

He posts on ARFCOM pretty often, will talk to you on the phone until you're satisfied, and has hands down the best performance policy of his products that I've ever seen or heard tell of.

If you want a great product, AR15barrels.com is the place  to shop.

Tom  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
we all should pay randall 5cents for some of his posts here...all my understanding thus far on how the ar15 really works has come from his random posts...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've been using barrels from Randal for years.  He started out as one of the best and has only gotten better with time.  

He posts on ARFCOM pretty often, will talk to you on the phone until you're satisfied, and has hands down the best performance policy of his products that I've ever seen or heard tell of.

If you want a great product, AR15barrels.com is the place  to shop.

Tom  

That was why he got my business. I had read alot of his posts. And decided 1) He knew what he was talking about. 2) He helps out people on here all the time. 3) Seemed like an honest no BS type of guy. Can't wait to get my upper........
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#10]
he is one of the good guys. BIG +1 for him.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Has anybody ever dealt with randall or had the opportunity to use one of his barrels?

Randall's not only worked on my 5.56 barrels (among other tasks he threaded my LW - which came back more accurate than when I sent it to him).  I also have one of his impressive stainless steel 6.8 SPC barrels.  It shoots nice small groups.

I would not hesitate to do business with Randall again.  Oh wait that reminds me I have sent another barrel out to him for some work...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the replies, fellas.  Randall will definately be getting my business then when I save up the scratch for my L/R AR.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one of Randalls 6.8 SPC SS  barrels, it"s sub MOA at 100 when I do my part, great person to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Count me as another satisfied customer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Count me as another satisfied customer.

+1

Great service, terrific prices.  He took the time to answer all my questions before I purchased.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Randall is currently building my first AR complete upper. I have to say I have been very impressed with his ability to work through and explain everything to a noob like me. Being that this is my first rifle I am probably being a bit of a pain with all the questions and such, but Randall has been very prompt with his replies.

From what I have read, the quality of the work surpasses his customer service. I cant wait .....maybe it will be ready this weekend.

Randall get a big +1 from me.

Oh, and did I mention the pricing.....very competitive....and he is from CA...not often I get to support a fellow gun nut in this Anti-Gun state.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:31:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:26:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
we all should pay randall 5cents for some of his posts here...all my understanding thus far on how the ar15 really works has come from his random posts...

Forget the random posts, read the mother-of-all-"how it works"-posts...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=266108

That ought to keep you busy and thinking for a few hours.

You're awesome dude.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I haven't bought from Randall, but seeing as he's one of the few dealers who contributes to the technical forums, he will see my money in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top