Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:36:05 PM EDT
Can anyone comment on this company and their HSA-15 lower receiver. I heard that prior Colt employees are the ones in charge of the AR portion of the business.

Are these any good?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Overpriced at $110 each for being such a new name on the block.  Not worth trying out to me anymore when I can get known quality lowers for cheaper.

There is also a thread in the AR section I believe thats already going on about these lowers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
comparable to cmt/stag

have handled some and they are nicely made.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I was under the impression they ARE CMTs......
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#4]
One of the ex-CEO's for Colt runs High Standard, and a lot of former Colt employees work there as well.  High Standard just got some sort of military contract, so their product isn't coming out as fast as I would like...  

I have a High Standard lower....  only the Mega/GSE/Sun Devils appear to be higher quality...

The HS would appear to be higher quality than the Ameetech, Lauer, some of the DoubleStars (appears to be 2 different mfgs)...  A lower is a lower though...  

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a High Standard from the shop Xenophobe works at.... Really nice reciever, supposedly up to mil-spec.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was under the impression they ARE CMTs......

If the serial Number starts with "CM" then they are Contis

For those that have, or have seen, them; do the numbers start with "CM"?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#7]
:|
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I got two High Standard lowers from Lone Star Wholesale last week for $95.00 each before the price increase. I had two uppers ready to go when they came in and everything went together perfectly.

They both functioned great when I shot them.

They are absolutley great. No problems fitting them to the uppers. One of them was a complete USGI surplus Colt A1 upper that fits great, so they are close if not exactly mil-spec. And the other upper was a Colt A2 HBAR large front hole complete upper, that required a spacer or adapter. But that to worked out well.

The finish is great and is a close enough match for both uppers. They appear to be a high quality product.

Robbie from Lone Star Wholesale told me they are made by CMT. He has a sale add in EE that has some pictures posted by another arfcom member.

The serial numbers do not start with a "CM".

For the price last week of $95.00 they were well worth it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Overpriced at $110 each for being such a new name on the block.  Not worth trying out to me anymore when I can get known quality lowers for cheaper.

There is also a thread in the AR section I believe thats already going on about these lowers.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=260359

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#10]
High Standard Rep said CMT/STAG makes them, who is CMT?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
High Standard Rep said CMT/STAG makes them, who is CMT?

CMT=Continental Machine Tool Company, Inc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Such as? I need one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top