Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 5:51:58 PM EDT
I dont see many posts of people buying Armalite.  All I ever see is Bushmaster, Colt, RRA, LMT, Stag.  Whats the deal?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder why?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine just fine....
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
armalite has there own section of the forum where most owners post, also they are mostly know for the 308s, I have an armalite ar10 and have had RRABM and LMT ar15's, they are all equil in my opinion
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally the lack of mainstream tactically marketed components.  The use of parts such as weaver gas blocks and smooth FF Forends, the non-colt spec collapsible stocks etc. keep me from wanting to buy one.  

If they were built with my market in mind I would probably be interested in uppers or components.  No dig on Armalite, they build quality rifles and seem to market toward the civilian/sport/hunting crowd staying toward the middle of the road as far as Ar's go.

Would like to see shorter Stainless match grade barrels with Larue gas blocks, AR10's with medium [like .75 or .80 under the handguards] contour 20inch barrels, RAS's and collapsible stocks, etc.  As it is I look at $1800 Ar10s and realize I'ld be swapping half the parts and the price I'ld be comming out at isn't reasonable.

Other obvious stuff hurts business a little like a buddy of mine was interested in using an Armalite action for a .338 build but realized it wasn't offered in a left hand model.  [The AR50 is offered in left hand but as far as I can see not the 30. ]  I would like to eventually buy an AR30 if it can feed and fire the Rem 338 ultra mag and attempt to mill and fit an Accuracy international AICS to the action.  An ABS barrel, and suppressor, US Optics or other scope and it would be complete; but it will be a while before I have money and time to attempt to tackle that.  {approx $5000-$6000 or more}
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Personally the lack of mainstream tactically marketed components.  The use of parts such as weaver gas blocks and smooth FF Forends, the non-colt spec collapsible stocks etc. keep me from wanting to buy one.  

If they were built with my market in mind I would probably be interested in uppers or components.  No dig on Armalite, they build quality rifles and seem to market toward the civilian/sport/hunting crowd staying toward the middle of the road as far as Ar's go.

Would like to see shorter Stainless match grade barrels with Larue gas blocks, AR10's with medium [like .75 or .80 under the handguards] contour 20inch barrels, RAS's and collapsible stocks, etc.  As it is I look at $1800 Ar10s and realize I'ld be swapping half the parts and the price I'ld be comming out at isn't reasonable.

I agree with some of what you have said and I bitched about it a little. I own two Ar-10s and could'nt be happier with either! I had to wait for some after market accessories to be made but I have two rifles that are as tactical as it gets. Armalite has shown new products at SHOT that gives you almost everything that you asked for.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Right, I wasn't saying you can't build an AR-10 any way you want one; just that it would be nice if it was easier to buy it that way from square one as opposed to searching for all the parts one item at a time over the course of weeks and months, or buying a complete rifle and taking a bath on half the expensive new parts you'll end up removing to replace with the parts you originally wanted.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my Armalite 20" Hbar.

But - some of the reasons for less discussion here are :

Armalite produces less rifles than Colt, Bushmaster, etc.
Armalite doesn't sell stripped lowers.
Very Few people post about problems with their Armalites (in .223cal)

None of the Dealers ever seem to have a "Blowout" sale on Armalites.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 16inch middy A4 and could not be happier. No complaints, I assume they sell all they can produce without alot of P.R. and advertisement. I know everyone puts out a few really good rifles and some really bad ones. I got luck and got the most reliable AR I have ever owned. It just happens to have Armalite on it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:52:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Armalite doesn't sell stripped lowers.

Yes they do.
Eagle Arms lowers.
They are very good too.
I have two of them and can't complain at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top