Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 9:16:54 AM EDT
I'm planning on ordering an upper to finish my first build soon and I was wondering how much of a difference in accuracy there is between the 16 inch and the 20 inch barrels? I plan on going with one of three barrels, the M4 style 16 inch, the HBAR style heavy 16 inch, or a heavy 20 inch.  I plan on doing most of my shooting within 200 yards, with magnified optics, and standard ammo (no match grade ammo anyway). I dont need 1 moa accuracy, but it would be nice to be able to hit a groundhog at 100 yards. Any opinions on what barrel type and length to go with?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
any will do.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's gonna be a bench / range set up...I'd go with a 20"....might as well soak up all that velocity!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If it's gonna be a bench / range set up...I'd go with a 20"....might as well soak up all that velocity!

+1
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
What about a 20" govt profile? All the velocity and a lot less weight than a Hbar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top