Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 9:53:16 AM EDT
I was looking at these handgaurds, what do you guys think? hand gaurds How are they installed? What else can I get in this price range. The gun is a range/ zombie gun so it won't see any real abuse. I'm mainly looking for something better than the cheap plastic stock ones. The upper is a 16" CAR model if that will help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
those are YHM 2-piece handguards. they install just like standard plastic HGs.

I have never had the opportunity to try them but AFAIK they are great for the price. You should also take a look  at Midwest Industries' version
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
so your not going to put any thing on the rails ?
just want it to look cool ?
You have lots of options in the 100.00 range or so
you could do a normal FF tube ( with out rails )

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Bright Flashlights over in the Industry forum sells YHM handguards, and I can tell you first hand that his customer service is absolutely TOP NOTCH.

If you just want something "better than the cheap plastic stock ones", do some research on Cavalry Arms stuff.  Their handguards are thicker than stock and the "sandpaper" like texture is a huge improvement.  If you don't need rails, I STRONGLY suggest them.  It'll cost you less than half what a set of quality rails will.  DSG Arms, also in the Industry Forum and Equipment Exchange is a CavArms dealer.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The upper I got is from Model1 and something about the handgaurds bug me. They feel cheap, toy like. I don't plan on mounting anything other than maybe a flashlight (I got a thing for bright lights). As for looks I almost perfer the "stock" look, atleast for the time being.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top