Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 10:51:18 AM EDT
I am new to this forum and first wanted to congratulate everyone on the depth and breathe of information available at this site.  Next, I want some advice on buying my first AR from some of you AR pros.

I am thinking of getting an RRA, Chrome Lined, CAR A4 w. #40L Flip up, Quad handguard, and 6 position Tactical stock.  I will be adding a low power 1.5x-5x or a EOTECH scope later.   It will be used as an all around (Defense, Varminting, Plinking) gun and as of right now I am not planning on buying multiple ARs but we will see.

Any thoughts on this package?  Should I get the tactical or the A2 Stock and later add a SOPMOD stock? What about tac mount? etc

Also, I will probably buy it from Legal-Transfers as he seems to have the lowest prices.  Any experience (good or bad) buying from these guys?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#1]
leave the tactical mounts and what not off, you plan on swapping sights so save the money and get it without the crap.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
eklikwhoa, I meant to say Tac mount instead of the Flip up.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
the tac mount is crap
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it.  Tactical Mount=Crap Which Flip-Up should I get?  ARMS #40, 40 L, or 40 L-SP to work well with scope and is strong and keeps zero when fliped back?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
....   It will be used as an all around (Defense, Varminting, Plinking) gun and as of right now I am not planning on buying multiple ARs but we will see.

Yeah we ALL start out saying that...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Which Flip-Up should I get?  ARMS #40, 40 L, or 40 L-SP to work well with scope and is strong and keeps zero when fliped back?

Those are all good, but the Troy is better.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
....   It will be used as an all around (Defense, Varminting, Plinking) gun and as of right now I am not planning on buying multiple ARs but we will see.

Yeah we ALL start out saying that...

I said the same thing.  Almost a year after I bought my first AR...I found myself buying a new upper and stock.  

Usually it's around tax retrun time that I buy a new something.  Makes it easier on the wallet that way.

Welcome to the sickness, you will have it eventually.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome!

Just spend some time searching the site.  All of your questions will be answered.  It's better to research it yourself, you will come away with a better understanding of all that is AR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top