Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 8:38:32 AM EDT
I was told that you must remove the front sight, or have a flip up, quick detach or something like that to put on a free float forend tube.
OR - you must remove the barrel from the reciever.

Is this true? hock.gif

I have a std. 20in bushmaster with regular sights... what hoops do I need to jump through for a free float forend?

As it is, my bipod is useless with so much play in the regular handguards... I get better groups from sand bags.  So basically, using my bipod is pointless and I would like to secure it to a rigid aluminum forend so it can actually do its job. h.gif
And no, I do not want the bipod on the barrel hinking.gif.... and yes the current setup is putting pressure on the barrel, I know. hinking.gif
Thanks,
ELI
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#1]
read up, of what you have asked is explained here somewhere.

if you install the freefloat of correct length for your bbl. then you only need to install the freefloat, there are two basic designs, one which doesnt require complete tear down of the bbl. and one that does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top