Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 8:24:26 PM EDT
I am ordering a Rock River Arms Varmint A4 1:9  my question is what barrel length should I order? I cannot decide between the 18-20-24. Have also thought of having the 24 cut down to 22 and putting a comp/break on it. But I cannot seem to find a break with a "bull" barrel OD. I know the velocity between all 3 lengths will be marginal. Is there anything I should consider before ordering my barrel length? Also any help with the muzzle break.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
weight might be an issue.

the mstn/pri qc brake is nice but dont think its big as the bull bbl., why not leave it bare with a good crown?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
16" crowned, unless you have a desire to throw heavies around then I'd do 22-24" crowned.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am ordering a Rock River Arms Varmint A4 1:9  my question is what barrel length should I order? I cannot decide between the 18-20-24. Have also thought of having the 24 cut down to 22 and putting a comp/break on it. But I cannot seem to find a break with a "bull" barrel OD. I know the velocity between all 3 lengths will be marginal. Is there anything I should consider before ordering my barrel length? Also any help with the muzzle break.

Last I checked, RRA only offers a 1:8 or a 1:12 twist in their heavy varmint barrels.  Length is up to you.  Also, comps/breaks usually are superfulous on "Varmint" type rifles in the 5.56/.223 class.  Flash Suppresors are considered contrary to ultimate accuracy.

Basically you can do anything you want to do, but it is most likely that the rifle in ANY configuration will outshoot you!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top