Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 12:08:57 PM EDT
I have a RRA upper with a mid-length aluminum free float tube.  This is a one-piece tube -- I'm pretty sure that the barrel nut is an integral part of the tube.

I want to mount a YHM swivel stud like this:

However, the FFT is about one gas tube hole off in timing for me to be able to drill and tap a hole on the bottom from of the tube and have the hole be either between two of the grooves on the tube or in line with one of the groves.  See a picture here.  The red line denotes the current bottom center line of the FFT.

Should I just leave it as is, or can I possible turn the tube one more hole or back it off one more hole without any detrimental effects?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
use a center punch and drill the hole in front of the grooves.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The hole would be put between where the grooves end and the end of the tube.  My question was mostly about aesthetics.  But, I'm guessing that the FFT is torqued properly where it is now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top