Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 7:43:53 AM EDT
I have 20" chrome-lined barrel with the following markings on the top of the barrel, forward of the front sight:

E MP 5.56 NATO 1/7

Any idea who made it?   Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking ER Shaw.  Anybody else have some ideas?  MJD
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Emco
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Emco

what i was thinking
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, thats an EMCO
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#5]
EMCO.  They made M16A1 to M16A2 retro kits for the military back when this was occuring.  EMCO had an issue with rough machined chambers and had FTEX issues on a number of their upper receivers.  These receivers were deemed undeployable.  EMCO no longer exists.  These barrels are showing up in large numbers in the 'surp market right now.

I had two and while I didn't abuse them, I never had issues with them.  If you get one that's good, that's as milspec as you will get.  They're generally a good barrel.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
EMCO.  They made M16A1 to M16A2 retro kits for the military back when this was occuring.  EMCO had an issue with rough machined chambers and had FTEX issues on a number of their upper receivers.  These receivers were deemed undeployable.  EMCO no longer exists.  These barrels are showing up in large numbers in the 'surp market right now.

I had two and while I didn't abuse them, I never had issues with them.  If you get one that's good, that's as milspec as you will get.  They're generally a good barrel.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.  I really appreciate the information.

ewgskokie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top