Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 5:21:53 PM EDT
Check out the new rifle from Viking Tactics.

Viking Tactics Specialized Tactical Rifle

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
with a crap stock like that i wouldnt even waste my time.

there are also lots of options if you get with some of the dealers here and it might end up a bit better with better options.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Well as dedicated 3-gun offerings go, it beats the DPMS Pardus.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well as dedicated 3-gun offerings go, it beats the DPMS Pardus.

LMAO

That's not saying much....

They're both winners!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
with a crap stock like that i wouldnt even waste my time.

there are also lots of options if you get with some of the dealers here and it might end up a bit better with better options.

I probably would....just to remove the crappy stock and slap a Magpul PRS on it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:23:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't believe you guys are slamming a JP rifle. For competition, they are some of the absolute best. As for the stock, that's easy to respec if you prefer something else. BTW, Viking Tactics was founded by Kyle Lamb, a real deal black ops dude and top tier 3 gun competitor. The folks behind this rifle are the type of people I'd prefer to support, not ridicule.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Jp rifles might be great for competition but the name "Viking Tactics" seems to imply that the gun is tactical; or intended to be capable of and optimized for real world use.  

The muzzle break is probably the most obvious feature no one would want on a fighting rifle.  I'm not saying you couldn't use it but just that the muzzle break and it's corresponding flash are going to draw a lot of fire.  The non-collapsible stock doesn't seem to be a great feature for people who aren't all the same size.  A lot of other things like a "low mass operating system" seem to be the gagety things people don't usually look for in a tactical rifle.  The only thing I can think of there is that probably implies aluminum bolt carrier and that means more subject to heat failure in high ROF stuff which generally won't happen even in combat but very well might.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Folks,

You all ought to listen a bit to what KL01 has to say...he is one of the most combat experienced, real deal individuals in this world.  What he offers works for what it is intended, be it 3-gun, Civ, LE, or Mil use.  Some respect and consideration is definitely due to him...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Folks,

You all ought to listen a bit to what KL01 has to say...he is one of the most combat experienced, real deal individuals in this world.  What he offers works for what it is intended, be it 3-gun, Civ, LE, or Mil use.  Some respect and consideration is definitely due to him...

so he is advertising?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Folks,

So are you running a low-mass carrier, speed hammer, tensioned pins, and adjustable gas tube in your work rifle these days, Doc?

I am sure JP Enterprises makes excellent rifles. I've never seen anything less from them. I do know that I have a lot to learn before I get my times down to the level where an adjustable gas key and low-mass operating system is even going to make a difference for me. So I would be reluctant to buy a rifle with those systems since they would appear to add additional complexity and I already have plenty on my plate that I need to master.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Man some people don't read very much.  There are 3 different collapsible stock options, magpul, vltor, and the ACE.  Three rifles on that page are shown with Phantom flash suppressors and the page states "The standard muzzle treatment will be the YZM Phantom flash suppressor" in reference to the Vtac model.  The tactical operating system has a full weight stainless steel carrier and there are 2 carriers in the low mass operating system one is stainless steel and one is aluminum, I'm sure they can set you up with the appropriate system.  JP has 3 spring sets for their fire control group, a low 3lb, their 'tactical' 4lb, and a 4.5lb setup for service rifle competition.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Stiles is correct, they appear to offer several options, some appropriate for 3-gun and others set-up for real world use.

I personally don't own any JP rilfes, but have been around them enough to know they work.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm sure they can set you up with the appropriate system.

These guys contribute, a lot.

Why all the heat?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#13]
It has "oversize" pins in fire control group.  Does that mean it's as good as a Colt?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It has "oversize" pins in fire control group.  Does that mean it's as good as a Colt?

That's not how they mean "oversize" pins. Try again. If JP and kyle have their name on it it's going to be a good setup. IMO.  JP barrels with crome bores...hmmmm....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top