Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:17:39 AM EDT
I just purchased a set of these from DSG Arms (excellent service BTW). Prior to installing them I am thinking about installing them without the handguard retainer in place.

I have done this on my old AR using a yankee hill rail tube. From the pic I have seen here the MI tube seems a bit shorter that other FF tubes out there.

Would it cause an unsightly gap? I have a pinned on Phantom so I cant experiment. If i cut the retainer off its gone. No looking back.

If someone here has picks of their MI rail installed without the retainer could you please post them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:46:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not try it with the clip on there first, and then remove it if you don't like it?  I think unsightly is more or less subjective, so it might not be easy to get a straight answer.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:20:06 AM EDT
[#2]
yes it will cause a gap.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why not try it with the clip on there first, and then remove it if you don't like it?  I think unsightly is more or less subjective, so it might not be easy to get a straight answer.  

I plan on that. Once again if I cut my own off, no turning back.

A pic would be great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top