sent ya' an email Denny...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:56:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats a very nice looking lower
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:21:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks great.  Any chance you might have some of them roll-marked "M4"- since Colt lost the lawsuit?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:43:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Bad Ass.  

Finally somebody doesn't add $50 for the logo.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I have had no luck with Stag.  Plus why pay a premium over stag?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#12]

There have been tons of complaints about the deer head logo.

Agree 110%!  Why do they STILL have that deer head on there?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Stag Arms clue you in any?

Stag = Male Deer, I mean come'on, its only natural.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:31:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks great.  Any chance you might have some of them roll-marked "M4"- since Colt lost the lawsuit?

Check with Darren at Grenadier Precision.  He has beautiful lowers that are M4 marked.

I would have to get yet another marking variance from BATF for a new model number and also pay $600 for another roll marker.  So it will not be happening.

Denny

As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it, so who cares what's stamped on it .  There's just something inexplicably fun about building another one, and dodging looks of disapproval from my wife.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:17:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Denny,
    Are you selling these lowers with a lower parts kit installed?  if so, how much?  Mark
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:13:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bad Ass.  

Finally somebody doesn't add $50 for the logo.  

These custom runs of lowers cost more than just buying a mass produced lower.  Quite a bit more.  I also spec'd out the exact finish, logo, safe-semi and no caliber marks etc.  

I only make around $20 per lower at the $105 price and when they go to $115 my profit, before shipping will be $30 per lower.  No exactly retirement money  But I did feel there was a place in the market for a lower with the features I selected, besides I wanted one too, so why not make a few hundred.

You DO pay more for these over a factory Stag, but they cost me more.  That simple.  But I look at the price of a RRA, Bushmaster, Eagle and God forbid Colt and I think there is room in the market for these.

Don't forget the parent company makes the same parts for the Pony company and has the TDP, so the lowers are to spec.  That is why everything fits so nice and mags drop free.

Denny

Don't forget about your excellent service and attention to detail Denny.  That's reason enough for me to want a few of these lowers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:00:23 AM EDT
[#20]
as mragu asked, are you selling these with the parts kit installed, and if so how much?

How can I buy one of these from you? online? over the phone?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Itsme4now,

Look at the bottom of Denny's sig tag.

GlobalTactical.com

Easy to order there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#23]
tag.

I may go with one of these lowers for my next build. They look nice!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I will be there to pick one up next thursday. Stripped.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#25]
please let me know when the sn# 309 rolls through.

oh, where's the operator build?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#26]
1) Local pickup an option?
2) Any transfer charges involved with local pickup?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Order will be on the way as soon as I figure out what I want, where to ship it, and when to have it shipped.

Being deployed to Iraq and living out of Germany sucks

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I talked to you on the phone the other day about a lower, I am planning a trip to your shop on Thursday and plan on picking up a stripped lower, will you have one there or do I need to purchase one now or what? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Done, I will see you Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The first run of stripped lowers is running out.  There will be a batch of 30 more lowers with CMT factory parts kits installed coming in next week.  No extra charge for the built lowers hr

Hey Denny,

I'd like to buy one of the built lowers but I have a few questions.

What Serial numbers are available in built lowers?

I've never purchased a firearm out of state before and don't know to set-up a purchase with an FFL dealer as the reciver.  How do I go about this so I can get a lower from you? Does the dealer/FFL have to have a special FFL licence to handle an AR-15 lower for me?

What do you mean "No extra charge for the built lowers"?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:43:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#35]
I just read this thread and maybe I missed somethng... other than costing more, is there any difference between these and a regular CMT/Stag lower? Are you having dimensions changed? Structural changes?

I don't see how it is any different really
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I just read this thread and maybe I missed somethng... other than costing more, is there any difference between these and a regular CMT/Stag lower? Are you having dimensions changed? Structural changes?

the only difference is NO stag head and safe-semi markings rather than safe-fire markings
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
BTW, the lowers from CMT/Stag are so damn good because of the TDP.  Not reverse engineered stuff.

That is an opinion. I know of several manufacturers that use the TDP and produce a more consistent lower than CMT. I personally don't like the CMT finish and find the tolerance of the lowers to vary greatly. Machining off forging marks is irrelevant to me.

As far as how much you are charging for your upper, that is up to you and if people are willing to pay it then more power to you.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First of all why would I change dimensional and structural dimension on a lower made with the TDP.
T7076 Forged aluminum and Milspec anodizing?

If you can't see the difference I will point them out.

BTW have you priced lowers from Noveske, Daniel Defense, Rock River?  They all are higher than mine and come from the same place.

Well I am not charging more just for the heck of it.  These lowers cost me a lot more than a standard Stag lower.

They are a custom run with the attendant additional charges to me.  If it bothers you just buy the standard deer head.

If you want a simpler logo, SAFE-SEMI marked and No caliber marking buy mine.

Yes they cost more.  I had to pony up $2400 for new roll markers, a $250 per run setup fee and a $20 cost per lower more.  I also specified my spec finish texture which involves and extra step.

Gunzilla you know the industry.  Custom costs more because it is 'custom'.  There is no other lower on the market with my unique features of no caliber marking and SAFE-SEMI marking on the lower.

BTW, the lowers from CMT/Stag are so damn good because of the TDP.  Not reverse engineered stuff.

Why is a Bushmaster lower worth $149?  Why do people pay $179 for a lower with a phony US Property mark?  Evidently because they want to and the market will bear the higher price.

Denny

Okay... personal preferance and brand name loyalty, that is cool. I just wondered if there was something that you had changed about these? I held off for years on having lowers made in my company's name because I simply could not see the added liability insurance on my part, for something that was funcionally identical to a product that was already on the market.

You could say I know the industry a little I guess... as well as the TDP and I do understand the cost of custom runs, roll mark tooling, and the minimum number order, set up fees... etc, etc... heck I know you are not making much off these; which is why I was curious if there was something that I missed, but I understand your desire to offer a customer what they want... is cool.

The lowers that I have made do have some small changes, beefed up a little, hammer pin reinforced for 6.8 and that sort of stuff... all subtle changes. But, no Deer Head!

it's all good...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Denny,

Thanks for the reply. Questions were answered fine. Not charging for the kit install labor sounds good to me. I also like the fact that it doesn't come with a stock, I was going to use one different from the Stag stock anyway.

Only thing I'm still in the dark with is setting things up with the FFL dealer. Do I go to the dealer and tell them I will have something coming there before I order? I assume this because I think you'll need their FFL # and other info.  Sorry for the newbie question but afterall, I am one. here
I agree that custom parts will cost more. We aren't talking about huge production numbers here. People like Stag quality but don't like the deer head, why not pay a little more to get what you want?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#41]
this is how i did it and got my lower just fine: find an ffl that is willing to be the receiving agent for the lower. have them fax a signed copy of their ffl to denny @ Fax: 816 221 1171 make sure to put your name and what you are purchasing on the fax, as well as hand write the ffl # near the actual #. the ffl's dont always fax that great and this will make sure that denny has all the needed info. then go to his web page GTS and order your lower. in the comments section in the checkout list your ffl's info. that way they can link up the fax with the order and get it filled. now wait three days and go to your ffl and get your lower. wala oh if you have any questions call denny Cell: 816 809 9452 he is great to talk to. hope this helps
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Denny's GT Lowers are sweet and I personally think the pricing was PERFECT!  He's a great guy to deal with and will make sure to explain how to do the transaction.  He's a no BSer so he won't beat around the bush.  

Just a great person to do business with and you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

ian187

This is a lower, not an upper.

As to tolerances, just how many CMT anythings have you used and have experience with?

Probably 150 lowers alone.

Quoted:
You don't like CMTs finsh?  Funny being they match most other Mfgs milspec finishes.

Mil spec finish does not equate to consistency. RRA and CMT brand change from run to run. I have RRA's that don't match other RRA's. I also don't like how coarse the finish comes sometimes, but that is simply personal preference.

Quoted:Give us some examples of out of tolerance CMT/STAG lowers you have.  As to tolerances varying greatly that is just plain hogwash.

Is having to use a mallet to get a push pin in normal? I have had many examples of this.

Quoted:Do you think RRA, Noveske and others would be using these parts for high end builds if they were all greatly out of tolerance.

RRA does not use CMT because it is the best. I have never met Noveske so who knows.

Quoted:Quit making a fool of yourself.

Ouch, now I'm just hurt.

Quoted:Some things are a matter of opinion and I can respect that.  Other things can be quantitively measured.

Agreed

Quoted:I could name the other companies that CMT manufactures for but that is not my business to say.

It is not exactly a mystery.

Quoted:If you want to say I suck or my having lowers made sucks or you love Olympic or you love Bushey lowers fine.  But cut out the ARF bullshit.  I am calling you on it right now.

I don't think you suck and I never said your lowers suck. I posted that what you said was an opinion and does not match my experience. I'm no Oly fan if it is any consolation.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
ian187

Nice reply. Seriously.  Debate closed.  I will just let the guys who bought my lowers speak for themselves.

Ultimately they are the ones that decide if a product is worthy or not.

I am glad we could end this on a moderately friendly note.  I would say I have built a number of my lowers for customers and not had a push pin issue, so far.  Push pin issues can be related to the upper/lower fit as well and may not be the lower,.  Tolerance stacking can also be an issue.  We have a tool to fix that.

Denny
Out

agreed.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#47]
JL7,

Thanks!

I'll order the GT lower as soon as I get the FFL  set up!Feels like x-mas.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:49:57 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Denny's GT Lowers are sweet and I personally think the pricing was PERFECT!  He's a great guy to deal with and will make sure to explain how to do the transaction.  He's a no BSer so he won't beat around the bush.  

Just a great person to do business with and you won't be disappointed.

+1 a million times!
Why are so many people beating Denny's custom lowers?
The man went out of his way to give us something different.
Either buy one and see how good they are, or STFU and move on.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:42:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#50]
This is why I got my GT lower from Denny.

1. Create a product that fills a niche and improves on what is already in the market. 2.Make something I personally feel a need for. 3. Produce it with the best materials and components available. 4. Sell them at a price the average guy can afford. 5. Stand behind my products 100%.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top