Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 6:24:07 PM EDT
I want to get a standard A2 upper from RRA. Should I get the stainless steel barrelled model or the one with the upgraded chrome lined barrel or even the standard chrome moly? I want to use the rifle for target practice and for work as a tactical EMT for when I'm not issued a long arm and have to provide for myself. What do you guys think? Also, I want to use iron sights, so should I just stick with the A2 varient or spend the extra cash for the flattop I might not use? I could use any advice you guys have.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If it was mine I would get the chomelined barrel with the flat top with a Troy rear sight.  You will not regret getting the flat top.  Sooner or later you will want to put an optic on it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go with a flat top with a crome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Chrome lined  is really the way to go for anything but serious competition or serious varmint use.
Go flatop as well,again except for serious competition . (the fixed handle sight has more eleavation adjustment than the removeable carry handle and is the way to go for 600 yd military matches)
If somewhere down the line you want to sell off or trade off your upper the flatop chrome lined is at the top of the market .
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, how about a RRA Elite Tactical CAR A4? The only thing it doesn't have is a chrome lined barrel. But I'm not really concerned about that. I'm planning on only shooting good ammo and I'm neurotic about keeping my guns clean and oiled. The only other rifle I'm looking at is a Bushmaster 16" Patrolman's A3 Carbine. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
RRA Elite Tactical CAR A4!

I have been thinking about the same thing -should I go Chrome or Stainless steel?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok, how about a RRA Elite Tactical CAR A4? The only thing it doesn't have is a chrome lined barrel. But I'm not really concerned about that. I'm planning on only shooting good ammo and I'm neurotic about keeping my guns clean and oiled. The only other rifle I'm looking at is a Bushmaster 16" Patrolman's A3 Carbine. What do you guys think?

regardless of good cleaning practices and quality ammo, a chrome lined barrel will last longer than a non chrome lined barrel of the same quality

oh and get the flat top. you will want an optic later even if you dont now
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:36:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got a Elite CAR with a chrome lined bbl.  They are available, just extra money.
I got mine from ar15sales . com

This is from the RRA site:

AR1225X Elite CAR A4
Please allow two to four weeks for delivery, four to eight weeks with chrome lined barrel. $975.00    

From the dropdown "select barrel" you can choose chrome lined for an additional $40.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Stainless Steel.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#11]
RRA Elite Car A4 - chrome lined barrel -got one today.  No waiting here  

eaglefireaarms.net
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
RRA Elite Car A4 - chrome lined barrel -got one today.  No waiting here  

eaglefireaarms.net

Nice!

Love my middy RRA upper!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for stainless steel.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Go chrome. There are chrome-lined barrels out there that are capable of shooting sub-moa using standard 55 gr mil surp.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I would go with a flat top with a crome lined barrel.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top