Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 2:31:10 PM EDT
I thought I read awhile ago that DPMS lists their bbls as being chambered for 5.56 but in reality they're chambered for .223?

Is this true?

Should I trust DPMS barrels or look elsewhere?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think they'd put "5.56" on a .223 barrel, would create a lot of trouble for themselves and could be unsafe.  That's why most AR manufacturers don't even make a .223 barrel, 5.56 is just more compatible with commercial and military ammo.  If you make a .223 barrel, you are limiting your customer base.

ut if you don't trust them, go elsewhere.  Good thing about AR barrels is EVERYONE makes them, you have dozens to choose from.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
they do have both.  most of the ss are .223, except the dcm.  most of the cm are 5.56, except the lo pro.  their catalog clearly states what the chambering for each barrel is.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never dealt with DPMS parts other than replacements before. Their prices are certainly low enough.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:17:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a 5.56 DPMS upper that has run flawlessly from the day it came out of the box including 5.56 mil ammo.  It's been an excellent piece of hardware and from my personal experience I'd tell you to get one without concern.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#5]
The way I understood it was that their bull barrells are 223 and the standards barrells are 5.56mm..

But that is just my understanding.. You could allways check the website..

http://www.dpmsinc.com

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top