Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 12:09:14 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to purchase 2 ARs and can purchase 2 RRAs or 1 RRA and 1 Armalite.  Which would you choose if quality were you're only consideration??  BTW - I've owned plenty of Colts and still have a couple Bushmasters so other mfgs aren't an option right now.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Two RRA's.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah , what's wrong with armalite ???
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I like RRA AR15's more, I think they make a better quality product - but that's just my 2 cents.  I've owned Bushmasters, Colts, Armalites, RRA's, and Stags.

RRA is my fav.  Tight, uniform, and under my microscope - flawless.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have owned or still own Bushmaster, Colt, Armalite/Eagle, RRA, DPMS, and Olympic.  I do like the RRA rifles.  I like the fit and finish and they are a good deal for the $$.  I also like to use their parts for builds.  The make a great quality part and they can be found for a good price too.  If I where to buy a factory rifle between the 2 you listed RRA would be my choice.  Between all 5 RRA comes out tied for the top, I am just getting picky as I grow older and I know what I want.  Factory rifles just don't cut it for me anymore.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both and I really can't say one is better than the other. They are both great guns. RR is better is B.S. The only concession I will make is that I think the Hogue grip and RR 2 stage trigger is a plus. I put both on my Armalite A4. My Armalite seems a little less finicky about ammo.
I like both alot but if I had money right now I would by a RR from eaglefirearms. Their prices are the best around!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have both and I really can't say one is better than the other. They are both great guns. RR is better is B.S.

You can't call it B.S. until the majority of Armalite and RRA owners have given their experiences.  

I'll just talk uppers since I have only owned one LOWER (edited cuz I'm slow) from each of the three proceeding manufacturers.

I have owned 3 Bushmaster, 2 RRA, and 2 Armalite uppers.

The only real malfunctions in any of my ARs was out of an Armalite 20" complete rifle.  Mags, ammo, cleaning, etc. nothing fixed it.

I once sold a 16" mid-length Armalite upper on the ARFCOM EE that I purchased COMPLETE and had never fired.  (backorder, took forever, changed my mind, long story, etc...)

The FACTORY assembly job was SO poor, that the guy I sold it to politely accused me of putting it together myself and claiming it was a factory upper.  He posted pictures of hand-tool marks, lots of excess anti-sieze compound, etc.  I mailed him the original factory invoice, and he called Armalite.  They confirmed that it was factory assembled and had only been delivered a few days prior, and that was that.  

I now only own RRA and Bushmaster, and I will tell you that although I LOVE my Bushmaster, the RRA has a much tighter fit and a noticeably smoother finish.

Although I do own an AR10, I'd never choose an Armalite AR15 over a RRA given the option.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I would go with the two RRAs. For fit, finish and $$$ I dont think you can go wrong. On the other your paying a lot for just the name
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I am not an expert by any means.

When I decided I wanted an AR, I did my homework. I fingered every AR I could get my hands on, including RRA. Of all the brands Ive tried, the Armalite and the RRA had the best fit and finish of any of them, including Klot. I bought the Armalite, simply because I got a good deal. I would have went witht he RRA just as easily. Either one would serve you well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am not an expert by any means.

When I decided I wanted an AR, I did my homework. I fingered every AR I could get my hands on, including RRA. Of all the brands Ive tried, the Armalite and the RRA had the best fit and finish of any of them, including Klot. I bought the Armalite, simply because I got a good deal. I would have went with the RRA just as easily. Either one would serve you well.

I did the same thing.  I went to a lot of gun shows looking at rifles from Armalite, DPMS, Bushmaster, Colt, Olympic but I could never find a Rock River (they always seemed to be sold out).  I chose to take a chance on Rock River based on reputation and I am glad I did.  Rock River's fit and finish is some of the best I've seen.  If there was one thing I would like to see changed is the dremeled feed ramps.  They have been totally reliable but are also the only thing that seems out of place on an otherwise beautiful upper.  I would have no problems buying RRA again in the future.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I recently seen pics of Armalites M4 receiver cuts and they looked scary... It made me weary...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Armalite.  Mine has been a bit more reliable than my RRA.  Fit and finish a bit better also, but I would not let that be a determining factor...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top