Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 1:00:04 PM EDT
Hey Guys,
                   New to  most of this stuff -- thus my question.

I bought 3 Rails covers from a sponsor here of this forum. $12 apiece  $36 total for 3- 6" inch rail covers.

What I got was three mold formed plastic rails covers that looked liked it cost about 25 cents a piece to make. Sheez.  75 cents transformed into $36 !!

I would have expected CNC hard ploymer re-inforced rail covers for this price.  Is this just the price of things........sort of like buying Marine products at a Marina ?

I was I stupid and just got ripped ??  JF.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Rail covers.

This biggest rip off.

You can find them cheaper, but not much.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, the cost of most covers seems to be overly marked up, but it's better to spend 36 dollars to protect your rail system which in some cases costs almost 10x that much than have to replace a damaged rail after it gets too banged up.

I've never used the latter covers, which seem like a huge rip off to me.  I use KAC covers, which I know cost more to make, so at least I'm not getting quite as ripped off.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds about right to me
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, you got ripped.

Just like all of us every time we buy those necessities.

It ain't right, I tell you. It ain't right!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I felt like I needed to protect the Quad Rail hand guard with something and liked the ability to play with contrasting colors.......

So I bought OD Green Steps to fit over the Black Quad Rails.

I just couldn't believe the quality of the product I got for $36.............it was not the sellers fault.

Because it sounds like from the rest of you..........this is par for the course on this type of Add-On

Somebody is getting seriuosly rich manufacturing these babies-- for sure JF.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The cheapest I ever saw them was at a show for $10 each. On the other hand, they are pretty nice when installed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
if it makes you feel any better I bought 9 3 slot rail covers ($5 a piece) for a total of $45

your price is about par for the course
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
If you wanna play, you gotta pay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top