Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 12:54:52 PM EDT
I have a RRA lower half with a 6-Position Tactical CAR Stock.

I want to replace the CAR stock with a regular A2 buttstock.  Can I use the RRA A2 buttstock assembly (buttstock, buttplate and sling loop) or do I need the full RRA A2 buttstock kit (buttstock, buttplate and sling loop plus buffer, buffer tube, buffer spring, spacer and screw)?

I'm pretty sure I can reuse my buffer/tube/spring but wasn't sure about the spacer and screw.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You need the full kit because the buffer, spring, buffer tube are different (longer).  The complete ones are for sale all the time used on the EE, and I'm sure someone will trade for your complete collapsible stock.  Or, just keep it for another build and buy a used A2 set for $35.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Doh!  You're right.  I forgot about the length difference.  Thanks (from a newbie).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You cannot reuse your tube.

Add to the list the correct wrench to remove the castle nut, and if you've not taken it off before a heat gun of some kind, since RRA uses loc-tite on the threads.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, check.  I've got a CAR stock wrench already (it works on my 4-pos stock, I'm assuming it'll work on the 6-pos tactical).

Do they use blue or red loc-tite?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top