Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 3:29:58 PM EDT
Hey everybody, another noob question.  What does the different gas block positions, carbine, mid and rifle length mean in terms of performance for the rifle?  I tried using the search function but could not turn anything up in the way of actual information about this.  You know what they say about computers "You only get back what you put in"

Maybe I was not using the correct words in the search function.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:33:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I had already looked at your sight and read the articles you had there.  Very helpful.  I have a 20" barrel that I was looking to have shortened to 18".  I would be keeping the rifle length gas system of course and was wondering about any problems that maybe caused by this.  I also looked at your list of calibers available, no 458 SOCOM yet.  Do you have any plans to begin chambering that round?  It would seem that for a custom barrel you would be one of the best to go to, judging from what I have read on the forum.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey everybody, another noob question.  What does the different gas block positions, carbine, mid and rifle length mean in terms of performance for the rifle?  I tried using the search function but could not turn anything up in the way of actual information about this.  You know what they say about computers "You only get back what you put in"

Maybe I was not using the correct words in the search function.  Thanks for any help.

Remember, the SEARCH function searches for the EXACT combination of words you type in, and ONLY in the SUBJECT of the thread.  (Joining as a "Team Member" gives you more options)

So for instance, searching for "carbine mid rifle gas systems" will yield you NOTHING, but searching for "gas system" will yield 7 results, at least two of which would find you some of the answers you're apparently looking for.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the great help guys.  Sorry about not being able to find those items.  Just could not put the right combo of words together.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top