Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 6:45:55 AM EDT
Anyone know who the Crown forge mark signifies?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
dont know but my bushmaster bbls. all have the crown on the fsb and they are all no-ban fsb's
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#2]
It signifies the company that makes that particular forging, who might supply it to a multitude of AR barrel makers.

They are common on Bushmaster barrels, but in no way tell you that the barrel in your hand is, in fact, a Bushmaster barrel.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It signifies the company that makes that particular forging, who might supply it to a multitude of AR barrel makers.

I know that, just wondered what company. It's on a Stag.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure that whoever makes those has been positively identified here.

The only thing I could add would be that in the big scheme of things, it really doesn't matter much.  It is a forged FSB.  There should be no issue with it unless Stage installed it canted, then it would be Stag's problem, not the FSB forger's problem.  FWIW.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
To my knowledge, the forge has never been ID'd, but Bushie seems to have been using their FSBs pretty exclusively for many years now.

Guess you could call Bushie and ask'em.  They probably won't tell you, but WTH, it might be worth a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top