Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 6:53:13 PM EDT
Do all magpul stocks come with their style buffer tube?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#3]
If I purchase a Magpul stock do I need any additional parts from the reciever back?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
M93B
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]
It will come with the reciever extension and tail unit.  You supply or must purchase the spring and buffer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an M93B and like DevL commented, the only parts you'll need from the regular stock would be the Buffer and a Buffer spring; the M93B comes with everything else.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:30:14 AM EDT
[#8]
But you should hurry. The 93 series has been discontinued. When they are gone, they are gone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I just found that out and to be honest that is probably why I will not buy it.  Maybe Vltor?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just found that out and to be honest that is probably why I will not buy it.  Maybe Vltor?

Great choice. Also consider the LMT Crane stock. Double price of Vltor but just as user friendly.

wp
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#11]
The M93B has excellent cheek weld and is very solid.

Get one. When the new stock comes out, get one of those too!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You stopped liking it because its being discontinued?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You stopped liking it because its being discontinued?

Some people just want the flavor fo the month and do not care about function.  Have you neot figured this out yet from reading posts on here?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hmm. Not a reason to not buy it. If you tried one you'd probably want two. Plus you'll be able to trade it in for the new model when they come out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#15]
When I consider stocks in the $200 plus range I am leary about getting one that has been discontinued.  I have never even seen a M93B but the fact that the manufacturer considers it a dead design and has chosen to move in another direction says alot.  I wouldn't want to have a problem in the future and have no source for parts or repair.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
When I consider stocks in the $200 plus range I am leary about getting one that has been discontinued.  I have never even seen a M93B but the fact that the manufacturer considers it a dead design and has chosen to move in another direction says alot.  I wouldn't want to have a problem in the future and have no source for parts or repair.  

You've never even seen one?

Worried about service? Then you don't know Rich at MagPul.

Rich killed it due to high production costs. Its still one of the best stocks out there. Ask anyone who owns one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I have them on all my AR's
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Rich will still continue to support the M93x series of stocks despite the line being discontinued.  Even when the day comes where there are no longer replacement parts being made for the M93s, the unheard of trade in service that Magpul generously offers virtually guarantees your investment.

If you owned a M93B, you will SURELY see why it's one of the best collapsable stocks out in the market today.  Everything from it's engineering, styling (well, perhaps this appeal will vary from user to user), reliability, and modularity is in place with this stock.  If nothing else, it's discontinued status should encourage you and most existing owners to run out and get one (or an additional) before they are all gone.

Also, to reiterate, Magpul discontinued the line because the high production costs of this design was not very cost effective for the company.  I'm sure if they decided to market the M93B for $350, the production costs factor may not be an issue, but how fair would it be to the buyers?  In an effort to be fair to everyone and remain viable for the company, a move to a newer design with streamlined production methods emerged.  Don't interpret the move as an indication that the M93B was flawed in design.

I'm VERY eager to see what the M93B's successor, the UBR, will be like.  It has HUGE shoes to fill.  I have a couple of people who will be at SHOT to see if we can get a sneak peek pic.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you for your input.

It is kind of off topic but why are there so few dealers that sell Magpull as opposed to other makers?  I like the Idea of a beefy adjustable stock like the M93B.  Who has the best deal on Magpul stocks?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#20]
"Beefy" is certainly the right word to describe it.  If you check the EE, you'll see plenty of ads for M93B's.

The smaller number of dealers who sell the stock probably has something to do with the fact that is costs $200 some odd dollars, and most civilian shooters will take a Cav Arms 6-pos for $60 or $70 instead.  (nothing wrong with anything Cav Arms makes, btw).

I like mine; the cheekweld doesnt change, I don't freeze my face on the buffer tube, and it doesn't rattle.  I'm really interested to see what they come up with in the UBR, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top