Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 12:40:31 PM EDT
OK, guys, I need some advice from the crowd. I'm socking away small parts for my post-deployment build, will be a flattop 16" stainless match barrel (probably the Adco Mini-Mk 12 upper unless something grabs me between now and DEROS) with my current ACOG RCO on top of it. What's got me jammed up is the trigger.

I was leaning toward a Chip McCormick, two-stage curved. I'm used to a two-stage with my Garands and whatnot, and the flat ones just look weird to me.  Advertised a drop-in SPR quality trigger pull, and if the bloody thing breaks you yank it and slap in another one. Right now they're rare as hen's teeth and I read on here CMC is having vendor problems so their supply is even more cut off.

I could order my Rock River lower with their trigger in it. I could also get a stripped lower and put a Knight's trigger in it, though why I'd bother I don't know.  

So ARFCOM builders,  if you were in my boots, what would you be doing?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
A good, dependable, long-lived trigger that you can tune to break really clean for around $125 -- Rock River sent to John Holliger.

A great trigger that'll put you back a little over two and a half Benjamins -- Bill Geiselle's trigger thru either Steve at ADCO, Creedmoor Sports, or John Holliger.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I'll go for the reliable option, now would you recommned starting with RRA's regular or NM trigger? Also, point of contact info for Mr. Hollinger would be great.

If it breaks after the Rainy Decade hits, I'll pack a cheat sheet on how to cram replacement parts in there. I've never had a semi lower apart, but I've done just about every full auto lower since the '16A1.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#3]
i use to own both the std rra and the woa tuned rra and have now switched to the cmc two-stage without ever looking back.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:34:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, the Geiselle is a bit past the budget for the build. I'm not looking for an ultra-match kind of trigger. I'm looking for a better-than-rack-grade pull, with long term reliability as this would be a run-to-the-hills rifle. Like I said, that attracted me to the CMC as I could just swap whole trigger packs and have the rifle back in the fight in a couple minutes.

Lots of food for thought here. Bigbore, don't worry, Adco will be seeing some of my deployment money no matter what I do
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
SGT Alan Spiker (Orgeon Guard Rifle Team and All-Guard Rifle Team) put 10,000 rounds on an Armalite when he had to switch it out at Perry.  I'm not sure if the Rock River and LMT aren't made from the same alloy.

I know Bill Geiselle has done a couple of cycle tests on his triggers because of our concerns (big money, we want them to last long, we don't want to have to dress up contact surfaces, etc.).  He built a robot that pulls the trigger then cycles the bolt carrier unit, then pulls the trigger again, cycle after cycle after... etc.

He's got one trigger that has cycled over 100,000 trigger pulls and the surfaces just polish up.  He can also tell you how many trigger spring and hammer spring cycles you can get out of GI and commercial springs (I think I remember reading you can get somewhere around 10,000 to 14,000 out of GI springs before either a trigger or hammer spring breaks).  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, Sinister, you're just trying to spend my money for me, aren't ya?

Well, good food for thought. Thanks, guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top