Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 9:38:06 AM EDT
looking at the P-415-16-BP-SF  16"  GAS PISTON UPPER W/PLASTIC HANDGUARDS.

Recently started back to AR platforms with Armalite M15 and now with Colt LEO 6920 and Colt LEO 6520 on its way.

One POF upper ($$$ consideration) to interchange with all lowers to start. Will it work?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
My POF upper fits my CMMG lower perfectly and that is the only lower I run it on.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
My POF upper has been on a Rock River and Doublestar lower. Both fit fine. Like I referred to in your IM, Colt has SOME lowers (not sure which model #'s) that utilize non-standard takedown pins. I believe your 6920 should work though.

Take the "Piston Plunge". You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Double post.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for replies.
what is considered "standard"/non-standard pins?
New to all this.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for replies.
what is considered "standard"/non-standard pins?
New to all this.

Newer Clots have larger/non-standard pins.  Older ones like the SP1 have smaller/standard pins but the screw and large diameter pivot pin hole...

TS
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My POF upper has been on a Rock River and Doublestar lower. Both fit fine. Like I referred to in your IM, Colt has SOME lowers (not sure which model #'s) that utilize non-standard takedown pins. I believe your 6920 should work though.

Take the "Piston Plunge". You won't regret it.

This is good news to hear because I have a Double Star lower that is just waiting for it's recently ordered POF upper to come in and make it complete!  From what I hear, the wait will be a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top