Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 6:19:26 PM EDT
Anyone gotten a Stag lower that has finish problems. I just got one and was surprised it had issues that appear to be just poor finishing of the forging. It has a number of blemishes and a large area of orange peel like texture right in the metal.

I had read such high praise of the Stag lowers. My Stag upper was very nice so I was expecting alot more from the lower.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Because all of us Californians put so much pressure on stag to produce. I believe they cut some corners. The 3 stags that I recieved all had poor finishing. Believe me I was pissed when i saw them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
All of mine and all the ones I have seen and handled were good.  I'll buy it from you for a good price.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
did you try contacting them?

from time to time even good companies have flukes slip out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
4 sequential - no issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a mass produced $80 receiver, a very good one at that, but still mass produced.  Call the company if you need a safe queen, if not, build it and use it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I got it thru an EE vendor. I have sent him a note on my disappointment with the lower. I will wait and see what he replies. If not maybe Stag can directly do something about it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#7]
top drawer quality here, both in fit and finish...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I got it thru an EE vendor. I have sent him a note on my disappointment with the lower. I will wait and see what he replies. If not maybe Stag can directly do something about it.

Maybe, he exposed it to somethingthat damaged the finish?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think so. It's in the metal. It is a manufacturing problem.

Anyways, the vendor responded and will stand behind the product. I will see is Stag can handle under warranty directly so that I can possibly avoid more FFL transfer fees.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#10]
3 sequential ones, no problems.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#11]
UPDATE:

I received a reply from Stag today. They are taking the lower back and reproducing a new one with my same serial number. It's going to take 2 weeks from the time they receive it but it's going to solve my issues so that's what I will be doing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

I received a reply from Stag today. They are taking the lower back and reproducing a new one with my same serial number. It's going to take 2 weeks from the time they receive it but it's going to solve my issues so that's what I will be doing.

Sweet.  keep us posted on how it turns out.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#13]
3 in a row....great quality fit and finish
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#14]
No problems with mine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
4 sequential - no issues.

Ditto. My only issue is that I have Bushmasters that cost more than twice as much that are only half as nicely finished...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Blame us in CA.  I picked one up and can see that the anodizing appears to be "spotted" or splashed(?) in some places.  Planning on using Norell's anyway (tan desert zombie killer).  I'm sure that it's because of the recent demand created out here.  Now you can't even get a Stag if you wanted one.  It's not that they're banned yet, it's just that they're so hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
One 6.8 marked lower. No problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top