Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 5:19:07 PM EDT
Did they make an SP1 that was a factory gun like this??
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/r3133.htm
 Reason I ask is that I have one just like it. I was wondering if their is a possibilty of it being factory. Instead of what I thought was a mix n match gun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
i have seen that rifle in person at collectors and by the looks of it i would say it did not come that way.

very crappy looking and the condition was pretty bad.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Fake Suppressor is not original, looks like the upper has been changed, the colors matched fairly well back then, this one looks Black

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
OK back to finding a barrel for my SP1...........
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#4]
search "retro" or "oldies" there are multiple threads discussing whats what along with pictures
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That should be fairly easy, since any milsurp M16A1 barrel will be the type used on the SP1

Now, if you've got an SP1 carbine, it may be a bit tougher to find an original Colt piece.  Bushie makes a duplicate of the type, but the barrel marking says "B" instad of "C", and the twist is 1in9, not 1in12.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:11:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I was looking at my upper and It's marked with a "C" "H" on the handle. Looks like a different upper. I did some checking. And Hammer site says this should be a very early model upper. The lower is a 1982. Color match is pretty good. Maybe just buy a whole new 82 upper if I can find one. Well, Off the the Gung show today.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#7]
can you post some pictures of yours
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure here it is..... Also the fromt sight has a "C" on it.

i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/Pstores/SP1/32d96f99.jpg]

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you tried to take off the flash suppressor because that looks like an original barrel with a slip over flash suppressor

I see you're in Wisconsin, I'm in north east Illinois
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I was thinking about it... But, Then it makes it an NFA gun....  Nothing wrong that but, No stamp. I am in Hudson, Wi,  Just East of St.Paul. I was thinking about using the Archive service from colt and see what they had to say.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:35:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Unless the flash hider is pinned on it doesent matter if it's on there or not

What I'm trying to say is that it looks like you have a 16 inch barrel with a flash hider that slips ove the barrel far enough to hide some of the barrel to make it look shorter

Can you shoot a picture looking into the barrel from the muzzle end, or at least look into the flash hider, you should be able to see the end of the barrel, if the barrel is towards the front of the hider it is a slip over, if it is back towards the threads it is not

I've been up to Somerset Wi. on business more times than I can count, ventured into Minniapolis several times and man it sure is cold up there, so cold in fact that I once saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:51:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'll be taking the 16" barrel assy off my Colt SP-1 carbine later this week and will most likely run an ad in the EE for it. If you don't find anything by then,drop me a line.
Clint
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What I'm trying to say is that it looks like you have a 16 inch barrel with a flash hider that slips ove the barrel far enough to hide some of the barrel to make it look shorter

Can you shoot a picture looking into the barrel from the muzzle end, or at least look into the flash hider, you should be able to see the end of the barrel, if the barrel is towards the front of the hider it is a slip over, if it is back towards the threads it is not

You referring to a Choate flash hider? I've got one on my SP-1 carbine.
Clint
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah it can get cold up here. This year it's been around 25 to 40. Not -10 to -25 with -15 to - 35 below wind chills. So, Not a bad winter so far. But, I am sure it's coming. I looked at the barrel and Flash Hider... It appears that the barrel is about 12" long with a pinned Flash Hider. Total length is about 16 1/16" long.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You referring to a Choate flash hider? I've got one on my SP-1 carbine.
Clint

Yeah that's what we're talking about...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Ok, that makes sense, I wish I had a barrel to trade you, all I've got extra is an old 16 inch M16 barrel on a flat top upper

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ok, that makes sense, I wish I had a barrel to trade you, all I've got extra is an old 16 inch M16 barrel on a flat top upper

Well, You ever run across a 16" 1/12 C MP marked barrel I would be interested.... Thanks for your help....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top