Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:21:46 PM EDT
What is a good price on a bushmaster lower at a local gunshop?

My local shop just started stocking them and I can get one for $200 out the door.... What is the going rate for them off the net? And does this sound like a pretty fair price to be able to just pick one up any day of the week and not have shipping/FFL fees?

Thanks,
JOsh
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bushmaster lowers are expensive. Have you considered another brand? I work at a shop and we sell more Bushmaster rifles than anything else, but wont stock their lowers because I dont know anyone who would pay the extra money for them when you can get a Rock River lower for far less. One dealer in town sells Bushmaster stripped lowers for like $250. Wow!

Well im using a DPMS lower on my beowulf. Got it decently priced at a gun show. My closest ffl is weird about transfers and charges $40 for a lower...... ....

Only place I can go is gunshows my im on call on my job and i work a lot at the current time so its hard for me to get to a gunshow, and its hard for me to travel to any of the other ffls in my area that will doa  transfer....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a complete new one with an A2 stock for $270 at a local store.  I figured after shipping and transfer if bought online it would be around the same or more.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought a complete new one with an A2 stock for $270 at a local store.  I figured after shipping and transfer if bought online it would be around the same or more.

They had complete ones, but its a waste for me to get one because I dont really like the A2 stock, and have several of them laying around....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:22:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They had complete ones, but its a waste for me to get one because I dont really like the A2 stock, and have several of them laying around....

Turn 'em loose on the Equipment Exchange.  There's always a market for A2 stocks and internals.

Tom  

PS, I agree with the earlier posters.  BM lowers are expnsive, roughly 2x anyone else, and unless you buy an old Hesse lower, you will not get 2x the quality/reliability/etc from it.  LAR/RRA/Mega/Stag are all cheaper, better alternatives.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#6]
i paid around $150 for a stripped lower locally
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top