Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 1:10:24 PM EDT
Not familiar with this company, but saw the name somewhere around here.

Who manufactures their barrels/receivers (if not them)?

How does their quality compare to other majors (Bushy/CMT/LMT/etc.)?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
never heard of cmmt but cmt is good, they produce for others.

or are you talking about cmmg? if so they offered the giffman group buy bbls.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
cmmg is probably what I am looking for...

EDIT, google-fu confirms that you are correct...  How are they, quality wise?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Their non-giffman  barrels are good from what has been posted on here. But if you get a Giffman group buy barrel then you might have problems with tight chambers and the gas port will be 1/8" off. They are making new midlength barrels currently, and I have not heard anything about them.

Side note: Giffman had nothing to do with how the quality of barrels came out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
They are top of the line.

Better than Bushmaster

On par with Colt, They have real M4 ramps, now that they are making the uppers in house.

www.cmmginc.com

The giffman barrels have been there only hiccup, and they have fixed every one that was returned.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They are top of the line.

Better than Bushmaster

On par with Colt, They have real M4 ramps, now that they are making the uppers in house.

www.cmmginc.com

The giffman barrels have been there only hiccup, and they have fixed every one that was returned.

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#6]
My Giffman barrel has run w/o a hiccup. The gasport was 1/8" off, but with a free-float rail system, it's not noticeable. I used a standard midlength gastube.

I'm hoping to run a couple more CMMG barrels in the future.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
My Giffman barrel hasnt had a problem yet and I have shot over 4000 rounds, it is still sub moa accurate
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
All I have ever heard about CMMG,s stuff / rifles have always been VERY POSITIVE-

I,m very seriously thinking of buying one of their Socom rifles
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Just trying to figure out what to get to be my shoots anything indestructo-barrel middy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#10]
i have one lower. very nice .
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just trying to figure out what to get to be my shoots anything indestructo-barrel middy.

Check out there new 14.5" middy I fondeled the first one this weekend, its so cool.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check out there new 14.5" middy I fondeled the first one this weekend, its so cool.

Must have been at the Springfield show?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must have been at the Springfield show?

Yeah, Jeff was like " Check this out I finished it last night"
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Cool beans, I usually stop by thier table at the Springfield shows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top