Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 5:15:00 AM EDT
I would like to organize an ar15 upper with a 1-7 to 1-8 twist chrome barrel and good parts (e.g., bushmaster, RRA), standard pins, using an A1 or A2 upper. Ideally 14.5" with perm-mounted phantom or vortex, and standard M4 forend/handguards. (the fast twist is to shoot the 77smk black hills that I keep around for a precision AR as well as mil ball.)

Do any of the main manufactures make anything like this, or will I have to get the parts and roll my own?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#1]
check out dennysguns new operator bbl.

you can find him along with other great vendors in the equipment exchange or industry forum. many of them can build it for you or you could go with something like the cmt or sabre which offer such bbl.

also there is a search function up above in which you can type in a keyword and search it and you will get threads with that word in it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
1) Colt
2) Bushmaster (though you have to call and ASK if they have 1:7 twist M4 barrels in stock - they only make them every so often).
3) DennysGuns
4) Some CMT Uppers (IIRC Grant at GandRTactical.com has some with 1:7 twist)
5) LMT Uppers & Barrels (available from Randall at AR15barrels.com and Grant at GandRTactical.com)

Colt make them as does Bushy (though with Bushy you'll have to call and ask for one with with the Vortex instead of their own FS, but you're calling anyway for the 1:7 twist).  Denny, Randall, and Grant are all setup to assemble what you want so give them a call.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
CMMG on the EE!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted: ...  2) Bushmaster (though you have to call and ASK if they have 1:7 twist M4 barrels in stock - they only make them every so often). ...

I have always been happy with bush's uppers so this sounds like the place to start.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted: ...  2) Bushmaster (though you have to call and ASK if they have 1:7 twist M4 barrels in stock - they only make them every so often). ...

I have always been happy with bush's uppers so this sounds like the place to start.  Thanks!

look up gds_enterprise, they have them in stock
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Bravo Company has been coming out with alot of barrels lately.(in gov. profiles)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
CMMG on the EE!

+1

They have them ready to ship, in just about every config you could want.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Sabre Defence Industries, I have one of their uppers and it is great. Highest quality upper I've seen. I do have the 1 in 9 twist but they do make the M4 with a 1 in 7 twist. The materials, barrel, and fit and finish is absolutely the best out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top