Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 2:58:21 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a source for a correct L marked apperature?
I have an A1 upper that is not correct it has one of the non L marked app. and the peep holes in it are not the correct size or height they are both the same.
TIA for info.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Try 'FultomArmory.com'. Charles.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:10:37 AM EDT
[#2]
maybe brownells?

you could post a wtb thread in the equipment exchange, i got a few a1 parts that way and i have read of members replacing their a1 rear apt with a2's
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
... they are both the same.

They should be the same size - just not the same height.

I should have a spare A1 rear sight - send me an IM.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Along the same lines....

Is the Bushmaster A1 sight aperature to spec or are the legs the same height? I use a bushie sight kit and it's marked with an L on one, but I've since heard there are plenty of A1 aperatures that aren't made to true spec.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]
When I had A1 uppers one of the things I did, which REALLY improved them, was to swap out the round front sight post  for the square A2 post.  It gives a sharper image.

I swapped out the rear aperture with an A2, which has the far better large hole for 0-200.

I replaced the rear sight adjustment drum with the Rapidex knob, available from Bushmaster, DPMS, and many other suppliers, which has 1/2 moa clicks.  Big thumbs up on this product.  And it is not likely to be "bumped" out of adjustment.  The clicks are firm.

This will give you the simplicity of the A1 upper with most of the advantages of the A2 sights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is on my retro-carbine so I'd rather have a "more" proper rear aperature. Though I do have a square front post on it.

And if I were building a more modern "using" carbine with an A1 upper I would definetly set it up like you sugguest A_Free_Man. I really love that large ghost-ring A2 aperature.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Along the same lines....

Is the Bushmaster A1 sight aperature to spec or are the legs the same height? I use a bushie sight kit and it's marked with an L on one, but I've since heard there are plenty of A1 aperatures that aren't made to true spec.

Haven't seen the Bushie piece; but their C7 uppers are identical to the same types sold by DPMS, including the funky version of the Anchor Harvey forge mark; so it wouldn't surprise me to find that they are the same height on both legs.  The DPMS piece is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Many people put A1 rear sights on backwards so you won't see the "L".   The "tapered" part of the hole faces the front sight, not the rear.  I have seen this several times were the rear sight is installed backwards., I assume people think the tapered part is a "hooded" aperture.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]
YES and YES!
My sight was installed backward, no L mark, hole sizes both the same size but larger than correct and no height difference when flipped.
Possible DPMS upper C7 style from CMMG.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
YES and YES!
My sight was installed backward, no L mark, hole sizes both the same size but larger than correct and no height difference when flipped.
Possible DPMS upper C7 style from CMMG.

Actually Kurt, it's not "many people".  It's DPMS's factory.  That's how mine came too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top