Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 11:12:44 AM EDT
I cant decide, I am debating on a 16" free floating railed upper with a flip BUIS gas block.   Question is should I get a heavy barrel?  heavy barrel flutted? or M4 profile with 203 recess...

Once that is selected should I do Mid length free float RIS hand guard or keep it CAR length?  I think the mid length makes the barrel LOOK shorter...

I would just like opinions from everyone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
which appeals to you more?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If your going to add a M203 grenade launcher to it or your after the military look then get the M4... If your wanting a little added accuracy and don't mind the weight, go for the heavy barrel... If your wanting added accuracy and less weight go for the heavy fluted barrel...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If your going to add a M203 grenade launcher to it or your after the military look then get the M4... If your wanting a little added accuracy and don't mind the weight, go for the heavy barrel... If your wanting added accuracy and less weight go for the heavy fluted barrel...

How much weight would be saved with flutes?  Would it be noticable?  

If I added a 37mm launcher i would get it rail mounted...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
if your going to mount a m203 weight should be the last of your concerns.

weight saved by fluting is minimal what you get from it is better cooling
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top