Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 8:08:32 AM EDT
I'm really pondering getting an MRP. I notice that LMT distributors sell the MRP uppers without a bolt assembly. So does that mean you can buy any LMT or other AR bolt and drop it in? What about headspacing?

Please explain.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm really pondering getting an MRP. I notice that LMT distributors sell the MRP uppers without a bolt assembly. So does that mean you can buy any LMT or other AR bolt and drop it in? What about headspacing?

Please explain.

Thanks.

With new uppers sans b/bc/ch, while it's not a bad idea to check the headspacing on it using GO/NO-GO headspace guages, for the most part you should be okay.

The headspacing on the AR15/M16 is set when the barrel is afixed to barrel extension, (which is one reason you should never buy a barrel unless it comes with the barrel extension already mounted, unless your a competent gunsmith familar with setting the headspace on these rifles)

FWIW under the INFORMATION button above you can see the parts discussed above.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
usgi bcg, you should have no problems.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I should think it's a good thing we're not required to use LMT "enhanced" bolt, seen enough of them fail, I  stick with the tried and true USGI bolt and carrier
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
usgi bcg, you should have no problems.

+1, that is what I use with both of mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top