Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 5:07:18 AM EDT
chambers? (wylde?)
stainless, beadblasted stainless, chromemoly ?
fluted?
freefloated ? - yes
vendors?
twist?  (1:7, 1:8, 1:9 ?  something to do 45g -> ?)
length? (I'm liking the 20")

of course on an A4 upper receiver.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
A WOA stainless barrel w/ a float tube will get you started VERY well. Chambers are Wylde, I believe.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
You want something you can beat on or a target gun?  The only thing they have in common is small groups.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's my current idea of what to buy.

Wylde
Stainless [finish on it is up to you]
flutes are only good when they are cut prior to boring and rifleing and that's hard to get.  Krieger will do that I'ld rather do ABS carbon than fluting- cooling is faster and lightening is better.
Obviously free-float.  no point with match grade without it.
the 1/8 twist seems a good idea unless you need to stabilize tracer ammo in which case I have heard 1/7 is the way to go.
length is dependant on velocity you absolutely need.  I reccomend 16 or under 12.5 with a can.

Even if you plan to beat it up my pholosophy is why not start with the best accuracy availible within reasonable price guidelines.  At least the downhill trend won't fall as far or as fast.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#5]
ok, as noted above, I did start another thread in the recomended local.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=10&t=429567&page=1

won't be shooting any tracer or "heavy" stuff, just would like an accurate scoped AR to accompany my carbine and Target A2 that I can shoot any of the ammo I have.  I'd also like the ability to varmint hunt if I so choose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top