BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 12:20:27 AM EDT
http://www.hi-upload.com/uploaded1/me21.jpg
This is me with the Bushy
http://www.hi-upload.com/uploaded1/mytoys3.jpg
http://www.hi-upload.com/uploaded1/mytoys5.jpg
From Left to Right:
* Springfield 1911-A1 Mil-Spec 5" Barrell, Ed Brown Slide Release, Wilson Combat Extended Mag Release, Chip McCormick 8-round mags with Kimber Bump Pads (For Sale)

* Springfield 1911 Ultra Compact V10 3.5" Ported Barrel, Wilson Combat Magwell, Competition Trigger with 2.5lb Trigger Pull, Extended Beavertail with Commando Hammer, Ed Brown Slide Release, Chip McCormick 7-round officer mags with Kimber Bump Pads

* Springfield Service Model XD-9mm, Springfield XML Tactical Flashlight, OEM 15rd. magazines (For Sale)

* Kel-Tec .380 with three 6 round clips NIB Never been shot (For Sale)

* Bushmaster AR-15 A2 20" Barrel, with Brand New Bushy A2 lower, 6-position telestock, 3 US Navy 30 round clips, 3-20 round clips, 1-Bushmaster 10 round clip.

PLEASE tell me what you guys see on the AR or correct any mistakes on the facts i've given, i'm a noob when it comes to rifles (especially AR's) try to help me describe what you can seee in detail
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#1]

OK first this is not a for sale area of the website and the mods probably will make you remove the for sale stuff.  Next, they are MAGAZINES, clips are strips of metal that do not enclose the ammunition. You use clips to load magazines. Finally, you want to mention the ff tube on your AR if you are selling it and what brand it is if it was a factory upper, assembled or whatever.

Also, what are Navy mags?  I have heard of USGI mags as a generic term or the specific vendor on the base plate but never Navy before.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

OK first this is not a for sale area of the website and the mods probably will make you remove the for sale stuff.  Next, they are MAGAZINES, clips are strips of metal that do not enclose the ammunition. You use clips to load magazines. Finally, you want to mention the ff tube on your AR if you are selling it and what brand it is if it was a factory upper, assembled or whatever.

Also, what are Navy mags?  I have heard of USGI mags as a generic term or the specific vendor on the base plate but never Navy before.

well sorry for being a noob to your board jackass, i was showing you guys my collection and asking questions about the AR-15 particularly if you can comprehend past a 4th grade level. the only reason i mentioned that the XD and the KelTec were for sale is because they are, it may be a shameless plug but they ARE in the same pic as my AR. now will someone teach me something about the AR?  btw, i know what the difference between a clip and a mag is, i do know about guns, just not this AR in particular, if you want to be anal about something point out the scratch on the flash suppressor asshole, and YES they are USGI mags, my friend brought them back from the NAVY for me hence the reason i said Navy mags moron. what is an FF tube? i mean really i don't know this stuff and that's why i posted. i'm glad there are people like you on the board to remind me that not everyone is a cool cat.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Keyboardninja, you need to take a deep breath and step back.

Devl was being helpful making light that this is not a for sale board. There is an equipment exchange for that. The technical boards are for mechanical, troubleshooting and optimization of the ar15 platform.

Second. FF= Free Float tube. Meaning the tube only touches the upper reciever and not the barrel.

Navy = Government = USGI. No one calls them Marine mags, Airforce mags, CoastGuard mags etc.

Other than that. It looks like you have a good grasp of what it has. Well other than internal parts. Single stage trigger group, Match sights type of buffer tube (spring or hydrolic) etc.

Just a friendly note, you won't last long here if you make personal attacks. You need to read the COC (code of conduct)  Link COC

BTW you did ask for it

PLEASE tell me what you guys see on the AR or correct any mistakes on the facts i've given, i'm a noob when it comes to rifles (especially AR's) try to help me describe what you can seee in detail

ETA: what kind of BCG (Bolt Carrier Group) does it have, hard chrome Titanium ect. M4 extended cut feedramps, Chrome lined barrel and chamber and part number. Is it a .223 chamber or a 5.56mm chamber.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:17:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Keyboardninja, you need to take a deep breath and step back.

Devl was being helpful making light that this is not a for sale board. There is an equipment exchange for that. The technical boards are for mechanical, troubleshooting and optimization of the ar15 platform.

Second. FF= Free Float tube. Meaning the tube only touches the upper reciever and not the barrel.

Navy = Government = USGI. No one calls them Marine mags, Airforce mags, CoastGuard mags etc.

Other than that. It looks like you have a good grasp of what it has. Well other than internal parts. Single stage trigger group, Match sights type of buffer tube (spring or hydrolic) etc.

Just a friendly note, you won't last long here if you make personal attacks. You need to read the COC (code of conduct)  Link COC

BTW you did ask for it h=85%

ETA: what kind of BCG (Bolt Carrier Group) does it have, hard chrome Titanium ect. M4 extended cut feedramps, Chrome lined barrel and chamber and part number. Is it a .223 chamber or a 5.56mm chamber.

i'm not sure what a BCG is i'm sure it's te bolt assy. i can take pics if you like. it's chambered for .225 but a smith told me 5.56 would be ok to shoot through it (haven't used anything but .223 so far.)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes the bolt and bolt carrier are the bolt assembly (BCG). Open the dust cover and see if it is black, silver or a goldish color.

The barrel should say somewhere on it what caliber it is, well unless it is covered by the FF tube.

This should give you some Idea what you are looking at.    Parts diagrams
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:47:47 AM EDT
[#6]
i disassembled the rifle and checked out the bolt assy. theonly marking i could find on the whole bolt is the letter "C" i do, however, know that the upper is a bushy 20" A2 is that helps any.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:30:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the site man , you have a Nice Collection, I like the AR-15 and the 1911's
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#8]
soowah, you are a good person to greet someone new on ARF. You used civilized words and have excellent composure.

I was expecting to see alot of nasty comments on this one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#9]
where do you stay in tx? think i have either seen or did business with you before.

odd upper since all of bushmaster's uppers with freefloats on them usually have a shaved gas block but yours has a front sight.

see if the barrel has any markings in front of the sight, should read bmp....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
where do you stay in tx? think i have either seen or did business with you before.

odd upper since all of bushmaster's uppers with freefloats on them usually have a shaved gas block but yours has a front sight.

see if the barrel has any markings in front of the sight, should read bmp....

a few years ago during clintons reign of terror, bushmaster manufactured "commando" rifles and uppers, which were normal barrel assemblies with the round aluminum handguard.  My bet is this is what that is.  I can still find them in some of my old bushie catalogs (96'?), back when  the MSRP for a M17S was still $575.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#11]
It might be the picture only but judgeing from the color of the barrel parkarizing it looks like the barrel on the A2 and probably the upper as well might be another make.  

Check the lettering on the barrel in front of the FSB It should Say something like B MP 1-9 CH

That would be [I think] Bushmaster Micro particle tested 1/9 twist chrome lined bore.  

If it says someting else that should tell what the barrel is and who made it.
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - My Toys Plus Some ?'s about the AR
Page AR-15 » Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and more
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top